Jump to solution

Cancelled series still shows as scheduled

sujeva78
Grasshopper

In late Nov. I cancelled 2 series.  Several days later I saw they were showing up in the list of scheduled recordings, and the dates were already past.  I cancelled the recordings from the scheduled list but next day they were there again and more episodes were added.  New episodes stopped appearing after several days but the first 8 won't go away.  I have tried rescheduling the series and then re-cancelling, to no effect.  I delete these 8 scheduled programs every day and the next day there they are again.  I've checked the list of series and they aren't there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Problem solved.   Tech support reloaded the PVR firmware...

sujeva78
Grasshopper

Problem solved.   Tech support reloaded the PVR firmware today to help with some other problems and these mystery items have now disappeared.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

Press the Shaw button, select Saved/Scheduled and highlig...

rstra
Grand Master

Press the Shaw button, select Saved/Scheduled and highlight and select Series Priority. You can scroll through the list to see if your recording is there, if it is, highlight it and press the D button.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Should mention that these instructions are for BlueCurve...

rstra
Grand Master

Should mention that these instructions are for BlueCurve TV. Not sure if those are the cable boxes you have. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks, but I don't have Blue Curve, I have a Motorola DC...

sujeva78
Grasshopper

Thanks, but I don't have Blue Curve, I have a Motorola DCX3510.  I have checked the Series list and the problem ones aren't there.  All the recordings scheduled to record in the past are dated between Nov 23-30.  No new ones are being added so if there's no solution I don't think it's a problem, just strange.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- are dated between Nov 23-30 Unlikely, because the Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sujeva78 -- are dated between Nov 23-30

Unlikely, because the Shaw Guide does not YET show any programs from next year - 2021.

But, is the "date" correct on your PVR?  Maybe, unplug the AC power, reconnect the power-cable, and let it reboot.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I've tried unplugging and rebooting but nothing changed....

sujeva78
Grasshopper

I've tried unplugging and rebooting but nothing changed.  I will try that again but don't have much hope it will work.  The scheduled programs are listed in ascending order by date and time, so anything to be recorded for the current date would normally show first.  These problem items always show first in the list.  As you say, they can't be for future programs in 2021 as those aren't in the guide so they must be for dates in the past even though that doesn't make any sense.  I think when I cancelled the series somehow the cancellation steps were not completed normally and something is out of synch.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the same problem.

bob171
Grasshopper

I have the same problem.

Arris DCX3510-M PVR

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Problem solved.   Tech support reloaded the PVR firmware...

sujeva78
Grasshopper

Problem solved.   Tech support reloaded the PVR firmware today to help with some other problems and these mystery items have now disappeared.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help