Champ URC2020B0 remote invokes TV input menu but will not change or select the input source

shadybrook
Grasshopper

I have set up this remote by all the methods available. It will certainly control the TV on/off and volume, and it brings up the TV input menu, but after that none of the keys (and especially the up/down arrows) will move up and down in the inputs, nor will it select one. Now what?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: Champ URC2020B0 remote invokes TV input menu but will not change or select the input source

shaw-tony

Hey shadybrook,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. If you press the "TV input" button again, it should toggle between the options. Let me know how that goes for you!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Champ URC2020B0 remote invokes TV input menu but will not change or select the input source

shadybrook
Grasshopper

No, as you might expect, pushing "input" again merely cancels the input dialog. Following my post I called telephone support and was told, basically, "tough". The actual argument used was that Shaw can not be responsible for their equipment's response to every sort of goofy TV or other device the customer may own. The agent (and his supervisor) were not impressed by the fact that Insignia/Dynex is not only specifically covered in the Champ manual, but in their speed configuration system for "Popular Brands", Insignia/Dynex is brand #1. 

In the end, I went digging in my box of cast off electronic junk and came up with a $4 Philips brand controller. It works perfectly. I must say that given the 100's 1000's of dollars I pay to Shaw, the performance on this issue was pathetic.

0 Kudos

Just went through 1 and a half hours with operator. Nothi...

karenskitty67fa
Grasshopper

Just went through 1 and a half hours with operator. Nothing, like disregarded everything I said. Blamed it on my new t.v.

0 Kudos

Champion remote Invoke TV Input When changing the TV inpu...

Coryshaw12
Shaw Squad

Champion remote Invoke TV Input

When changing the TV input for a champion remote:   Press the TV button Press video input The input selection will start scrolling

0 Kudos

Champion remote Invoke TV Input When changing the TV inpu...

Coryshaw12
Shaw Squad

Champion remote Invoke TV Input

When changing the TV input for a champion remote:   Press the TV button Press video input The input selection will start scrolling

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help