Channel descriptions.

mcallagan
Grasshopper

Why do show say "new" when they are not?

This records peviously recorded programs when the PVR is set to record only new shows. It says that The Late Show is new tonight when new shows are in the 80th episode but tonight's is ep70.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

The content of Shaw's "Guide" is totally dependent on the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

The content of Shaw's "Guide" is totally dependent on the information provided by the TV networks.

Often, I have seen that the Canadian channel that is simulcasting Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert is showing "new", while the NBC and CBS listings are not showing "new".

0 Kudos

Program information is provided by the network, if you fi...

shaw-valerie

@mcallagan Program information is provided by the network, if you find there are errors in the scheduled programs in your guide, or the program information, you can report those to us using the form on this page.  

Why are the program descriptions different depending on w...

ratpaw
Grasshopper

Why are the program descriptions different depending on what box you are using? My small tv box is different usually better descriptions than my new DVR. Also the DVR does not tell you if a movie is a Drama, Comedy, Mystery etc. That is a very pertinent piece of information.  This doesn’t make sense to me. Can you tell me why?

thanks

GB

0 Kudos

--  Why are the program descriptions different depending...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ratpaw --  Why are the program descriptions different depending on what box you are using?

Why not?

There is more content available to the Guide on my Gateway PVR, when compared to the older PVRs, e.g., identification of cast, producers, original broadcast date, and program classification (TV-Y, PG-14, etc.).

> My small tv box is different usually better descriptions than my new DVR

What is the manufacturer and model for the "small" box and the "new" box?

> ... does not tell you if a movie is a Drama, Comedy, Mystery etc.

Unfortunately, that is true.

0 Kudos

My small box is Arris DCX3200-M It has detailed descripti...

ratpaw
Grasshopper

My small box is Arris DCX3200-M

It has detailed description, actors, director, year, run time, PG etc and genre.

My PVR before the ‘upgrade’ last month was a Motorola DCX3400-M

it had all the same details as my small box including genre. The descriptions of the same shows was correct but worded different from my small box.

My new Arris PVR is also worded different, no run time and no genre. 

The genre is my complaint, but the different wording always puzzled me. The information must be coming from someone else, but why.

Thanks for your reply MDK. 

G

0 Kudos

Can I just add that the description itself on my small bo...

ratpaw
Grasshopper

Can I just add that the description itself on my small box can be up to 3 times longer than the new PVR. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help