Gone from the Shaw Service Updates page... but not forgot...

srglassw
Grasshopper

Gone from the Shaw Service Updates page... but not forgotten by the many CHEK TV viewers that are SHAW CUSTOMERS. But they don't seem to care.

0 Kudos

Hello, The problem consistently happens at the start of b...

jaforte
Grasshopper

Hello,

The problem consistently happens at the start of both Wheel of Fortune at 7:00pm and Jeopardy at 7:30pm about 10 seconds into the program. My theory is that, for some reason, the Blue Sky box is buffering the signal.

Today's date is 24 Feb 2021.

0 Kudos

Could have to start buffering again after cutting over, t...

rstra
Grand Master

Could have to start buffering again after cutting over, this would only be an issue with BlueCurve Xi6, unfortunately CHEK isn’t part of the lineup where I am, so I can’t test it on my XG1.

0 Kudos

This is still under investigation by our technical teams,...

shaw-valerie

@srglassw @mdk This is still under investigation by our technical teams, it's being tracked currently under INC0909788. 

0 Kudos

This is still under investigation by our technical teams,...

srglassw
Grasshopper

This is still under investigation by our technical teams, it's being tracked currently under INC0909788.

@shaw-valerie  When I search that reference on the Service Updates page it just takes me back to this thread. Is there a way to actually get an update on this issue? The issue has been going on for over three weeks and was said to be being investigated under a different reference (INC0906483) two weeks ago. 

0 Kudos

-- when I search that reference ... Earlier in this threa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@srglassw -- when I search that reference ...

Earlier in this thread:

There is at least one "cached" version of their announcement, dated February 11, 2021.

Nothing posted on the Internet truly disappears.

> Is there a way to actually get an update on this issue?

Yes. Contact Shaw Support, and cite the incident-number, and ask.

When you get the information, what can you do about it, other than to wait for a resolution?

0 Kudos

We've had this same problem for weeks.  We have BlueCurve...

Topper02
Grasshopper

We've had this same problem for weeks.  We have BlueCurve TV with BlueCurve Gateway router.  Channel-up and down doesn't work, we have to shut off the TV and turn back on.  Annoying

0 Kudos

I have had trouble with Chek TV Victoria    on CH 109  ,...

crsat1
Grasshopper

I have had trouble with Chek TV Victoria    on CH 109  ,  cuts out for 60 sec. after the first 60 secs on the hour and half hour  it comes back fine till the next half hour then does it again  But on Ch 111  ABC Seattle  when they override it with Chek  at7:00  and 7:30  for Wheel and Jeopardy   there it works fine ,  If that is any help 

0 Kudos

@srglasswick -- when I search that reference ... Earlier...

srglassw
Grasshopper

@srglasswick -- when I search that reference ...

Earlier in this thread:

There is at least one "cached" version of their announcement, dated February 11, 2021.

Nothing posted on the Internet truly disappears.

Yeah, but  a cached version from February 11th is hardly an update, is it?

> Is there a way to actually get an update on this issue?

Yes. Contact Shaw Support, and cite the incident-number, and ask.

When you get the information, what can you do about it, other than to wait for a resolution?

What I can do about it is continue to watch the CTV2 News at 5:00 PM instead of the CHEK News at 5:00 PM until the issue is reported as resolved. This isn't rocket science and I'm not an idiot. Just looking for an update.

0 Kudos

Is it fixed now? I might of missed it, but I don't believ...

dllb
Grasshopper

Is it fixed now? I might of missed it, but I don't believe the channel froze today at 17:01

TALK TO US
We're here to help