It happened to me me twice today.  First time was at the...

Debbie32
Grasshopper

It happened to me me twice today.  First time was at the start of Judge Judy(4:30) and chek news at 5:00.  Funny enough...I tape the news, and there never is a problem when I watch the taped version.  This has been happening for at least two weeks.

According to Shaw's Service Outages page the latest updat...

srglassw
Grasshopper

According to Shaw's Service Outages page the latest update at 9:02 AM yesterday says they are continuing to continue investigating the issue. Until it is resolved most of CHEK's lead story is missed during the freeze so I have taken to watching the CTV2 news instead.

0 Kudos

Something you should let CHEK News know.

rickatk
Master

@srglassw wrote:

... Until it is resolved most of CHEK's lead story is missed during the freeze so I have taken to watching the CTV2 news instead.

Something you should let CHEK News know. 

0 Kudos

Yes you are right, it just happens on week nights. Thinki...

Dash1
Grasshopper

Yes you are right, it just happens on week nights. Thinking it maybe "Aliens"???

0 Kudos

We have the same “freezing” problem on Chek 6 but not jus...

rascal
Grasshopper

We have the same “freezing” problem on Chek 6 but not just during the newscast. Problem seems to occur only while watching Chek 6. 

0 Kudos

How long do we have to wait to get this fixed. Clue's, do...

Dash1
Grasshopper

How long do we have to wait to get this fixed. Clue's, doesnt happen on weekends or if recorded!

0 Kudos

-- Clues: doe snot happen on weekends, or if recorded! On...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dash1 -- Clues: doe snot happen on weekends, or if recorded!

On weekends, there are different "cut-overs" from network programming to local programming, and vice-versa, as compared to Monday-to-Friday.

It is interesting that the recording is unaffected. Why ???

0 Kudos

Me to every day it freezes what is up

Bhiggins
Grasshopper

Me to every day it freezes what is up 

0 Kudos

Well, it has been going on long enough, time to get the t...

Dash1
Grasshopper

Well, it has been going on long enough, time to get the thing fixed, or does Shaw even care?  It maybe minor but it is very annoying. We pay "Big" money for this service and should be heard, what would Telus do?

0 Kudos

-- Shaw did post a message on their Outages page about CH...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dash1 -- Shaw did post a message on their Outages page about CHEKTV, but that message has been "deleted" -- it still seems to be there, but I got a "permission denied" when accessing the URL that I saved.

So, I presume that the deletion means that they consider the problem to have been resolved.

There is at least one "cached" version of their announcement, dated February 11, 2021.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help