City Tv App not working

IVO_MI
Grasshopper

I'm trying to watch some shows using the CityTV app - Chicago Med, Chicago PD and Chicago Fire, to be specific. They all aired March 12. I always watch these shows on this app but this time its not working.  I log on using my Shaw ID, but when I try to play any episode, I get the error "The episode exceeds the viewing period acquired by your TV service provider".

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Try deleting the app then reinstalling. You may have to r...

rickatk
Master

Try deleting the app then reinstalling. You may have to reestablish your device credentials first time with the new app. 

0 Kudos

I tested on my end, both in the CityTV app and on their w...

shaw-valerie

@IVO_MI I tested on my end, both in the CityTV app and on their website and am only seeing episode 16 of each of these series available which would be the episodes aired March 4th, and all were able to be played successfully.

0 Kudos

It doesn't work for me either and I have been trying sinc...

NEMA
Grasshopper

It doesn't work for me either and I have been trying since Saturday. I tried other shows and they all work. I think their is a problem with the site. 

0 Kudos

-- when I use "Shaw On Demand" for CITY TV, I see: Chicag...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@NEMA -- when I use "Shaw On Demand" for CITY TV, I see:

Chicago Med:

22 episodes for Season 4

no listing for Season 5

1 episode for Season 6

Chicago PD:

22 episodes for Season 6

no listing for Season 7

1 episode for Season 8

Chicago Fire:

23 episodes for Season 6

22 episodes for Season 7

no listing for Season 8

1 episode for Season 9

Maybe, COVID-19 "killed" all those missing seasons?   🙂

0 Kudos

The CityTV app NEVER works for me. No matter what I want...

LeapZone
Grasshopper

The CityTV app NEVER works for me. No matter what I want to watch…it NEVER works. I can see the videos…but when I click on PLAY…nothing ever happens. I am signed in via Shaw…it is VERY frustrating….

0 Kudos

Are you still having difficulty accessing the CityTV app?...

shaw-valerie

@LeapZone Are you still having difficulty accessing the CityTV app? Do you receive any error message when the video does not play? 

I have been streaming previous episodes on the CityTv app...

HirscheyFamily
Grasshopper

I have been streaming previous episodes on the CityTv app and it just stopped working a few days ado.

I now enter into an episode and the screen is just black. I try other series and it’s the same result. I’ve restarted my apple device multiple times, it’s up-to-date and not old, uninstalled the citytv app three time, even deleting all stored episodes watched etc. Yet still no streaming. My other network apps work just fine on my AppleTV device - AppleTV+, Global, CBC, CTV, Acorn, Disney, Britbox, Prime, Amazon, Netflix. 

CityTv will work on my iPhone, IPad, and Lenovo laptop. 😖 About to lose my.....because all the Chicago seasons are on the app. Help!

0 Kudos

My situation is exactly like yours.  All shows are just b...

ang003
Grasshopper

My situation is exactly like yours.  All shows are just black screen with Citytv app via AppleTV, but works on android and windows.  I'm guessing there was a recent update to AppleTv and/or the CityTV app recently that caused it to break.

The same thing is happening to me, a few weeks ago my pla...

Laura4451
Grasshopper

The same thing is happening to me, a few weeks ago my playback just completely stopped. I can scroll the shows and select and episode and then it just gives me a plain black screen. Same with live tv, no error message just black. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help