Crave app not working on my Samsung smart tv

jacklyn9999
Grasshopper

I get Crave through my package.  It works fine on-demand.  I hate using on-demand, it’s so cumbersome and navigates terrible.  I signed onto the app using Shaw as my provider and all I get are the 4 bouncing orange balls.  It never starts up.  It’s locked on the bouncing orange balls.   I’ve tried several times thinking maybe the crave server was down but no luck.   I reset my smart hub to try to sign in again and still bouncing balls.  Resetting never cleared the app.  It cleared the setting and sign-Ins for all my other apps, but not Crave.    On the official crave site, it says coming soon to Samsung, but yet I read other stuff saying it should work now, it’s in the Samsung App Store.    All their troubleshooting is out of date.   How terrible if this doesn’t work on Samsung because the movie go app worked perfectly.  Shaw has replaced it with this terrible developed junk app.  

Any suggestings?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Re: Crave app not working on my Samsung smart tv

shaw-tamara

Hey  

It sounds like this might be a problem with the app on your tv, but just want to check - does the login you used work if you try to sign in to the Crave website? 

0 Kudos

jacklyn9999
Grasshopper

I can login just fine using the crave app on my iPad.  I can also log onto the crave website itself.  From the crave website I can go to device management where I can see which of my devices are using crave.   Only the iPad shows up.  Not the TV,  which is unfortunate because at lease I could cancel it from the website and try it again.  

My software on the TV is up to date as well.  

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Thanks! So that means that the login itself is fine if it works on other devices. It sounds like it might be an issue with the tv app itself. Have you ever been able to log into Crave on your TV? We aren't able to provide support for third party equipment so you might want to get in touch with Samsung for further assistance, but maybe there is someone on Community who has had a similar issue and can chime in. 

0 Kudos

mcdonag
Grasshopper

I’ve got the exact same problem. Any solutions yet?

0 Kudos

jacklyn9999
Grasshopper

Mcdonag.

Nope!     I’m pretty sure it’s Samsung, as suggested by Shaw.    Samsung never updates their apps on this ‘older’ model.  All updates are far and few in between.  I’ve done a app reset on the TV, I’m up to date on software.  I’ve googled the hell outta it but I haven’t called Samsung because I don’t think they can help and I don’t want to wait on the phone.  If I use Crave I do it through Shaw on demand, or I might use my computer and HDMI cord it over to the TV.  

I wouldn’t recommend a Samsung TV to anyone because of their operating system, they use Tizen.   I Don’t know if this happens to you, but if you have wifi on, the TV remote responds super sluggish when watching recorded shows.   It because their Tizen operating system is overwhelmed.  Samsung smart TV, just isn’t very smart. 

If you call samsung for trouble shooting please let me know what they say or tell you to do.   Thank you. 

0 Kudos

mcdonag
Grasshopper

Was on the phone with Samsung for two hours last evening with no resolution to the problem.  They said they would escalate it but I'm not holding my breath.  Thanks

0 Kudos

jacklyn9999
Grasshopper

You have more patience then me.  I went and bought a lightning to HDMI adaptor for my iPad.  I’ll watch it from there. But if they do happen to get back to you I would love to hear what they say.  

0 Kudos

Sorry to jump in but I am having this issue right now.  D...

russashe
Grasshopper

Sorry to jump in but I am having this issue right now.  Don't waste your time blaming Shaw or Rogers or anyone else.  This is strictly between Crave (the Bell app that sandbagged Canadian movie streaming) and Samsung.  Crave has always been kludgey on Samsung and a recent version uprgrade has destroyed any link to Crave.  I hear newer (?) Samsung's don't have the problem but I have my doubts.  Also, the fact that other services work fine on Samsung Smart TVs inclines me to lay the blame at Crave's feet.  And we all know how responsive they can be.  Nobody can shoot a reply blaming someone else faster than they can.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help