Jump to solution

Crave TV & HBO Free Preview

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So at some point within the last 24 hours the upcoming free preview for Crave TV and HBO ( scheduled for February 14th to February 17th ) has been removed from the News and Free Previews page. Are we still getting this free preview as it is listed on the Crave TV website as a National Free Preview ???? And if we are still getting this free preview are we getting Crave 1 and HBO like we did the last time Crave TV had a free preview or are we getting all 3 Crave channels plus HBO ????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I'm seeing Crave and HBO 1 listed under News and Free Pre...

dllb
Grasshopper

I'm seeing Crave and HBO 1 listed under News and Free Previews, starts tomorrows and ends after 17th

the wife subscribes to those 2 anyways so doesn't help me regardless 😉

edit> actually I think we're subscribed to HBO 2, so I'll be paying attention tomorrow as to what we receive

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jump to solution

So can anybody from SHAW confirm if we are still getting...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So can anybody from SHAW confirm if we are still getting this free preview ????

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Anybody here ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Anybody here ????

Anybody here ????Anybody here ????

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

My gosh - sometimes I wonder if anybody from SHAW has any...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

My gosh - sometimes I wonder if anybody from SHAW has any idea on just what the heck is going on within their own company. Since nobody from SHAW can be bothered to answer my question here I tried calling in about 30 minutes ago. I got the call back option and was told that there was about a 15 to 25 minute wait so I thought I would try the chat option while I was waiting for my call back. Surprisingly I was connected to a live agent almost immediately and she confirmed that SHAW would indeed have the Crave TV free preview which would include Crave 1 and HBO 2. She also remarked that she had no idea as to why the Crave TV Free preview was no longer on the News and Free Previews page. She actually checked for herself and said she would inform her supervisor about the error. So about 15 minutes later I got the call back from SHAW and told the CSR that I had already used the Chat function to answer my question. She asked me what I had wanted to find out about so I told her and she said that the reason the Crave TV free preview was no longer on the News and Free Previews page was that SHAW was no longer going to have the free preview. I asked her if she was sure about that and she said she was 100% sure. So I still don't know for sure if SHAW if have this freaking free preview or not. 😡

EDIT: This just keeps getting better and better. Now the Crave TV free preview has magically reappeared on the News and Free Previews page. But of course in typical SHAW fashion they have the wrong HBO channel listed for Vancouver residents. We only get HBO 2 and they have HBO 1 listed. All in all well done SHAW....well done.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm seeing Crave and HBO 1 listed under News and Free Pre...

dllb
Grasshopper

I'm seeing Crave and HBO 1 listed under News and Free Previews, starts tomorrows and ends after 17th

the wife subscribes to those 2 anyways so doesn't help me regardless 😉

edit> actually I think we're subscribed to HBO 2, so I'll be paying attention tomorrow as to what we receive

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yeah - it reappeared on the News and Free Previews page s...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@dllb wrote:

Yeah - it reappeared on the News and Free Previews page shortly after my conversations with SHAW via the Chat and call back options around 3:15 pm. If you are in the Vancouver area then we only get HBO 2 - both HBO channels air the exact same programming it's just that HBO 1 is set to East Coast times. I use Crave TV in the same manner as I did the old Movie Central and Movie Network packages - I subscribe once a year for 3 to 4 months filling up my PVR with movies / shows that I eventually get around to watching. I find that after 3 or 4 months there isn't enough new stuff added to warrant keeping it.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I tried accessing Crave on Shaw on Demand today when the...

MichaelShepherd
Grasshopper

I tried accessing Crave on Shaw on Demand today when the free preview is supposed to be on.  The program menu even says “Free”.  But I can’t get any program to actually play.  Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey Michael - the way that SHAW has the VOD Subscription...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@MichaelShepherd wrote:

I tried accessing Crave on Shaw on Demand today when the free preview is supposed to be on.  The program menu even says “Free”.  But I can’t get any program to actually play.  Am I missing something here?

Hey Michael - the way that SHAW has the VOD Subscription section set up is a bit confusing. For some reason all the Crave stuff is there even if you don't subscribe to it but if you don't subscribe to either Hollywood Suite or Starz they don't appear there. To see what you can watch during this free preview go to the TV VOD section and near the bottom of the page you will see both " Crave Free Sampling " and " Starz Free Sampling ". I was hoping for a few free movies that are not available on Crave 1 during this free preview period but all they have available right now are some scattered episodes from various new and old TV series.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It's gone for me today.   They had an outage in my area y...

ReynaldoFlores
Grasshopper

It's gone for me today.   They had an outage in my area yesterday so they can **bleep** you up with the service.  **bleep**ing shaw, they milk for any dollar they can make out of you.  I'm thinking of changing over to satellite disk.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Well this free preview was only scheduled from the 14th t...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@ReynaldoFlores wrote:

It's gone for me today.   

Well this free preview was only scheduled from the 14th to the 17th. I checked this morning around 1:15 am and both Crave 1 and HBO were no longer on free preview.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help