Looks like they're right on top of things once again. :)

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@shaw-daniel wrote:

@bostonbob Thanks for the update. We'll follow up with the support team again.

Looks like they're right on top of things once again. 🙂

0 Kudos

Blue Ant Media released the dates of some upcoming Nation...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Blue Ant Media released the dates of some upcoming National free previews for some of their channels. SHAW should be including them so here are the channels and dates for these free previews:

Smithsonian Channel ( January 31st to April 3rd )
Makeful TV ( January 31st to April 3rd )

Cottage Life ( February 28th to May 1st )
T+E ( February 28th to May 1st )
BBC Earth ( February 28th to May 1st )

0 Kudos

So the Super Channel Heart & Home free preview is over so...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So the Super Channel Heart & Home free preview is over soon but still has not been added to the Free Previews page. Hey Daniel - now can you understand our frustration with how this page is maintained ???? Honestly - since nobody at SHAW seems to give a crap about keeping it up to date or making sure the right information is included why SHAW should just shut the page down. 

0 Kudos

Even though it's nowhere to be found on the Free Previews...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Even though it's nowhere to be found on the Free Previews page ( shocking - right ???? ) Centre Ice is now on a free preview until January 9th. SHAW is definitely including this free preview as all the Centre Ice channels have the Free Preview notice in the Channel List on my Gateway. 

0 Kudos

-- it is ironic that Centre Ice would show the Ottawa NHL...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob -- it is ironic that Centre Ice would show the Ottawa NHL games, but COVID seems to have shut-down that team. I might want the NESN broadcasts of the BB's, just to see Sophia J.  🙂 

0 Kudos

I found it funny that the Centre Ice preview started on a...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob -- it is ironic that Centre Ice would show the Ottawa NHL games, but COVID seems to have shut-down that team. I might want the NESN broadcasts of the BB's, just to see Sophia J.  🙂 

I found it funny that the Centre Ice preview started on a night when there was only 1 game being played and that game was on a bunch of different Sportsnet channels. I know that 2 other games were postponed last night but it's kind of like they're saying " your free preview starts on Monday HOWEVER there are no games on CI until Tuesday ". It would be a nice gesture to add an extra day to the free preview but I think we all know the odds of that happening are around 0%. As for Sophia J - I was happy when she signed on with NESN as I always liked her work on Sportsnet. She knows her stuff and gives the players enough time to fully answer her questions......and she's not exactly hard on the eyes either. 🙂

0 Kudos

-- Even though it's nowhere to be found on the Free Previ...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob -- Even though it's nowhere to be found on the Free Previews page ( shocking - right ???? ) Centre Ice is now on a free preview until January 9th. SHAW is definitely including this free preview as all the Centre Ice channels have the Free Preview notice in the Channel List on my Gateway. 

Today is that "Tuesday". I tried tuning my Shaw Gateway to those channels (355 plus/minus).

For each game, all I get is 1 or 2 seconds of video, and then only the audio, with the black-screen telling me to telephone Shaw (1-888-472-2222).  Yuk!

I did an online Chat with a Shaw Agent at a Call Centre in Toronto (not Belize!) who eventually told me that it is an error that those channels are tagged as "In Free Preview". I even disconnected the AC power from the Gateway, and disconnected the coaxial cable, waited one minute before reconnecting. After it restarted, nothing has changed. Sigh.

So, are you seeing any NHL Centre Ice broadcasts ???

0 Kudos

Centre Ice is working for me on BlueCurve.

rstra
Grand Master

@bostonbob @mdk 

0 Kudos

Bah - that's a garbage response from that SHAW agent. If...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob -- Even though it's nowhere to be found on the Free Previews page ( shocking - right ???? ) Centre Ice is now on a free preview until January 9th. SHAW is definitely including this free preview as all the Centre Ice channels have the Free Preview notice in the Channel List on my Gateway. 

Today is that "Tuesday". I tried tuning my Shaw Gateway to those channels (355 plus/minus).

For each game, all I get is 1 or 2 seconds of video, and then only the audio, with the black-screen telling me to telephone Shaw (1-888-472-2222).  Yuk!

I did an online Chat with a Shaw Agent at a Call Centre in Toronto (not Belize!) who eventually told me that it is an error that those channels are tagged as "In Free Preview". I even disconnected the AC power from the Gateway, and disconnected the coaxial cable, waited one minute before reconnecting. After it restarted, nothing has changed. Sigh.

So, are you seeing any NHL Centre Ice broadcasts ???

Bah - that's a garbage response from that SHAW agent. If they were not on a free preview you would not even get those few seconds of video. I have had this same issue before ( and only with the Centre Ice channels for some reason ) with channels on a free preview and what has worked for me before is to update the EPG Download on my Gateway. I tried checking out a couple of different games tonight on Centre Ice in between periods of my Bruins game ( GO BRUINS GO !!!!!! ) and I was getting the same results as you but once I updated the EPG Download I was able to watch them with no loss of video at all. I'm sure you know how to do this trick but if you need more info just let me know.

0 Kudos

Coming thorough OK on my Gateway too. Good thing that SHA...

bostonbob
Grasshopper
@rstra wrote:

@bostonbob @mdk 

Coming thorough OK on my Gateway too. Good thing that SHAW posted this free preview so everybody would know about it. ( insert extremely sarcastic smiley here )

TALK TO US
We're here to help