Jump to solution

Data light on front of Blue Sky box

mags279
Grasshopper

The yellow data light has come on on the BlueSky box. What does this mean and how do I fix it

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I managed to get the light to go off - haven't seen it in...

robmann
Grasshopper

I managed to get the light to go off - haven't seen it in a week. I went into the power saver feature and turned that off. If the light is currently on move down to Device Lights - Power Light Brightness - changed the brightness to anything and return it to where it was if you like. Leave the setup screens and your light should be off.

Not a fix but it does get rid of the annoying light

Shouldn't be too difficult for Shaw to fix

View solution in original post

40 Replies
Jump to solution

I have the same!  Can’t find an answer

rutticat
Grasshopper

I have the same!  Can’t find an answer

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

is the light on all of the time, or only intermittently,...

shaw-valerie

@mags279 @rutticat is the light on all of the time, or only intermittently, and is it solid or flashing? If you reboot the box by unplugging the power for 10-15 seconds then plugging it back in does the light come back on right away? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The light is steady. Although when I first turned my tv i...

rutticat
Grasshopper

The light is steady. Although when I first turned my tv in today it was off, then later in the afternoon it was on steady again

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Can you check and see if you have any messages waiting in...

shaw-valerie

@rutticat @mags279  Can you check and see if you have any messages waiting in the 'Notifications' section of the Settings menu? If so, reading those messages should turn off the data indicator light. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Went to settings and checked but...

Kellycr
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. Went to settings and checked but no messages. Turned notifications off.

Got online help yesterday. Hitting the front power button off/on makes the light go away. Rep did a remote reset and light stayed off.

The light was off all evening but has come back this morning.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This behaviour does look to be related to a recent update...

shaw-valerie

@mags279 @Kellycr @rutticat This behaviour does look to be related to a recent update to the BlueSky environment, and while it does not seem to be affecting any normal usage, our teams are looking into it to determine the cause of the light remaining on. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What Data of mine is being collected and what are you usi...

NoNameHere
Grasshopper

What Data of mine is being collected and what are you using it for?????? 

Jump to solution

The 'DATA' light on the BlueSky TV box is not indicating...

shaw-valerie

@NoNameHere The 'DATA' light on the BlueSky TV box is not indicating a collection of data, rather when the light is solid should indicate that there is an unread message in notifications, or will flash during the boot up process or during a firmware update. As noted in another post in this thread, we are seeing some reports of this light being lit solid when there are no messages waiting, and teams are currently investigating into the cause of that. 

Jump to solution

I had this happen to me today, where the Data light was s...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I had this happen to me today, where the Data light was solid, but I had no messages waiting. I then restarted the BlueSky TV box, along with doing a system refresh, and from doing that, the Data light went off.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help