dcx3510 not showing correct channels

NebulaTig1
Grasshopper

Had to replace old box in the basement with this unit. It shows the wrong time (EST) and the wrong temperature outside. It does not show the channels I subscribe to and can get upstairs on my gateway. Its pretty much useless to me the way it is. You just should have given me another portal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Talked to a Rep. Sending me out a replacement box. Could...

NebulaTig1
Grasshopper

Talked to a Rep. Sending me out a replacement box. Could only give me a portal if they charged me $5/mo. Forget that.

0 Kudos

Could be that the 3510 was not correctly provisioned on y...

rstra
Grand Master

Could be that the 3510 was not correctly provisioned on your account. If you want a portal you could look for a used one on marketplace or Kijiji. 

0 Kudos

-- contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat to ge...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@NebulaTig1 -- contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat to get them to "provision" the device.

Also, beware of purchasing any PVR or portal or remote-box through any "miscellaneous for sale" web-site.

You may be paying the seller for a box that is a "rental" that the seller did not return to Shaw. It is possible that Shaw will refuse to activate it, or will activate it as a $5/month rental. Be sure to get the serial-number, and ask Shaw to verify it with Shaw. Note that if the serial-number is still attached to some person's Shaw account, the Shaw Agent will cite "privacy", and will not tell you about the rented/purchased status, without the permission of the seller to release that information.  I recommend that you avoid such "grey-market" hardware.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help