Desktop Browser Support

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Visited shaw.ca website today on a desktop browser (Firefox 76.0) and there is a banner on the shaw website

that says

"Browser not supported. For a better experience using this site, please update your browser."

Firefox 76.0 is the lastest version. Why there is need to "upgrade" one's browser?

Edit: There's no general label to apply to this message

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Firefox released an update today Visited shaw.ca website...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Firefox released an update today

Visited shaw.ca website again and the banner still shows

"Browser not supported. For a better experience using this site, please update your browser."

0 Kudos

Hi, just to let you know i'm using firefox 76 with no suc...

g-idk
Master

Hi, just to let you know i'm using firefox 76 with no such issues, I can access all of shaw website and services. You could possibly try clearing your browers history,cookies,etc..then close and re-open firefox.  Oh you can also try uninstalling firefox then do a reinstall. Hope it works for you.

0 Kudos

Our teams have confirmed they are seeing this issue in th...

shaw-valerie

@michaelstein Our teams have confirmed they are seeing this issue in the latest version of Firefox and are working to resolve the error message in a future update. Firefox should be a supported browser (along with Chrome, Edge and Safari) for the page, so we don't anticipate any functionality errors aside from that erroneous error message that you see displayed. 

0 Kudos

I realize that this thread is from last year, but I am se...

internetcowboy
Grasshopper

I realize that this thread is from last year, but I am seeing this same message with using Safari on my desktop. I have also tried clearing all the caches, etc. and it still comes up.

Is your team still looking into this?

0 Kudos

can you test if you receive the same message with other b...

shaw-tony

@internetcowboy can you test if you receive the same message with other browsers such as Firefox and Chrome? Do you have the most recent update on Safari?

0 Kudos

Hi, I had the most recent version of Safari when I initia...

internetcowboy
Grasshopper

Hi,

I had the most recent version of Safari when I initially experienced this issue. Somehow, it just worked itself out and the message no longer appears. Therefore, I won't be testing with Firefox or Chrome.

0 Kudos

-- Somehow, it just worked itself out  My guess is either...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@internetcowboy -- Somehow, it just worked itself out 

My guess is either "magic pixie dust", the phase of the moon, or Shaw updating their web-page to not produce that message for users of Safari.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help