Disney+ not streaming in 4k on Xi6 Bluecurve

axite83
Grasshopper

I see that Disney+ has been added to Bluecurve, with voice commands and all. Tha's great!

However, I also notice that it's not streaming in 4K UHD. You can easily see that it doesn't support 4k when you go to the menu and select a show; it will show you what resolution it's available in.

EG: If I load up Andor in Disney+ on my Apple TV, it says 4k UHD and HD. If I load it up in Bluecurve, it only says HD.

I'm using the Xi6, which supports 4k, and it's set to use 4k UHD in its settings. Can confirm this, as Netflix inside Bluecurve will stream 4k UHD no problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Just wondering are you still only getting non 4k content...

techfan
Grasshopper

Just wondering are you still only getting non 4k content in Disney plus? If so did Shaw give you an answer as too why?

0 Kudos

Indeed if we are paying for these big gig plans we should...

rickatk
Master

Indeed if we are paying for these big gig plans we should be getting 4K by now.

0 Kudos

My XG1v4 is playing Disney+ in 4K.

rstra
Grand Master

@axite83 @techfan   My XG1v4 is playing Disney+ in 4K.

0 Kudos

Good to hear it’s coming in 4K. Just looking at Shaws faq...

techfan
Grasshopper

Good to hear it’s coming in 4K. Just looking at Shaws faq for Disney plus it lists the following boxes that can playback Disney plus in 4K.

my question now is does the Shaw players support any HDR format for Disney plus? Or Dolby atmos?

0 Kudos

No, it’s still only playing in HD. And I’m using the Xi6...

axite83
Grasshopper

No, it’s still only playing in HD. And I’m using the Xi6 box, which should be playing in 4K like the document you found says. Plus, Netflix and Prine both play in 4K no problem, so not sure what the issue is.

I haven’t called Shaw yet, but still in the next couple of days.

0 Kudos

I have the Xione box and it shows HD in the info screen....

techfan
Grasshopper

I have the Xione box and it shows HD in the info screen. Not sure what the deal is. I will contact Shaw support and see what they say . 

0 Kudos

Got off a chat with Shaw customer service. Of course they...

techfan
Grasshopper

Got off a chat with Shaw customer service. Of course they are blaming Disney . Told me to get in contact with Disney support. 
Doing some quick research online. I came across a couple articles on xfinity website. It shows that Disney plus in 4K is only available on the xi6 and xi4 the newer XiOne does not show 4k content from Disney.

”Disney+: 4K content is available within the Disney+ app on X1 if you have an Xi6 or XG1V4 X1 TV Box or on Flex with an Xi6 streaming TV Box (along with a compatible 4K or 4K/HDR TV). 4K content isn't available on XiOne Flex streaming TV Boxes.”

But Axite83 you are saying it still doesn’t show 4k or uhd on for Disney+ on your xi6 box? Was thinking to try and swap the xione to that model. No point if it still don’t work on your xi6 boxes. 

0 Kudos

Are the video settings on the box set to 4K? Do you have...

rstra
Grand Master

@techfan  Are the video settings on the box set to 4K? Do you have Netflix, is the 4K content working?

0 Kudos

Yes. Settings in the box are set to 4k. Netflix, Prime, a...

techfan
Grasshopper

Yes. Settings in the box are set to 4k. Netflix, Prime, and Appletv+ all show 4k/uhd. Only one that shows hd is Disney plus . 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help