I’ve had the same glitchy pixelated tv issues as everyone...

GlitchyTV
Grasshopper

I’ve had the same glitchy pixelated tv issues as everyone else.

I’ve been trying to resolve this for the past five days and I’ve called Shaw numerous times and sat on hold every time. I’ve done everything they have suggested: unplugged/reset the boxes, reseated coaxial cables, replaced coaxial cables, replaced splitter, went to shaw store and got new blue curve box. Reactivated new box but same issue.

And now I see it is just an issue that many people are experiencing and obviously not a wiring issue which I was led to believe it was by tech support. What a waste of my time it has been jumping through all these hoops. Tv is still pixelated and I am at a loss as to what to do. Apparently, so is shaw.

0 Kudos

Same issues here in Vancouver with Blue sky TV  blurry, p...

Lori_Anne
Grasshopper

Same issues here in Vancouver with Blue sky TV 

blurry, picture freezes , black screen etc.

Sporting events are almost unwatchable.

totally unacceptable 

third tech coming out on Friday. I don’t hold out any hope though.  

Our teams have seen some playback issues in Google Chrome...

shaw-valerie

@bluefrown Our teams have seen some playback issues in Google Chrome, following the most recent Chrome update. We have seen success in resolving this by disabling 'Hardware-accelerated video decode' from the chrome://flags options. 

I've only had Blue Curve a few days and its really annoyi...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I've only had Blue Curve a few days and its really annoying me.  When trying to watch my recordings tonight they keep momentarily freezing and/or the audio keeps cutting out.  Is this really what i'm paying big bucks for?  Since i'm stuck in a 2 year plan along with everyone else here and we are alls complaining about the same thing, there better be some resolution soon!  I cant keep watching shows like this!

0 Kudos

very odd to hear that only the wireless BlueCurve TV equi...

shaw-tony

@GongShow very odd to hear that only the wireless BlueCurve TV equipment is having issues. It may be related to WiFi interference. Are the wireless boxes very far away from your BlueCurve modem?

@GlitchyTV @Lori_Anne @mistiblu I am very sorry for the frustrations. If your service visit did not resolve this matter, it may be related to a known issue tracked under INC0631634. Our engineers are working towards a resolution. I appreciate your continued patience.

0 Kudos

Same ongoing Blue Curve signal problems here in Wpg. Blue...

ddisregard
Grasshopper

Same ongoing Blue Curve signal problems here in Wpg. Blue Curve has not worked consistently since it was installed 1 month ago. Had a tech come out last week and he removed all old splitters/amplifiers so it's now a straight connection to the gateway but signal still cuts out and HD picture quality constantly fades in and out. Tech also verified gateway signal strength is very good and could not find any other cabling/connection issues. So this appears is a problem with the Blue Curve system itself that Shaw has been unable/unwilling to address. Asking paying customers to spend hours waiting for support and troubleshooting a faulty product is not acceptable.

@shaw-tony they are not wireless  There is a coaxial cabl...

GongShow
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony they are not wireless  There is a coaxial cable plugged into the back of them.  Every wi-fi device in my house works perfectly.  I can even watch Netflix on my smart (wireless) tv.

I tried the online chat with Shaw to see if they had any ideas.  I was told that Shaw is aware of this problem in my area and it's Shaw's "top priority".  The problem has been going on for over a week now. Doesn't seem like a "top priority" to me.

0 Kudos

Some backend changes have been implemented to correct kno...

shaw-valerie

@Fed-up @ddisregard @crawl71 @JoninCoquitlam @GongShow @GlitchyTV @Lori_Anne @mistiblu 

Some backend changes have been implemented to correct known issue quoted above by @shaw-tony which should alleviate the issues reported in this thread. If you are still seeing any service issues, please get in touch with our technical support team here so they can run some further diagnostics and troubleshooting with your equipment.

0 Kudos

trying to watch the 6pm news.  Absolutely no change.  In...

GongShow
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie trying to watch the 6pm news.  Absolutely no change.  In fact, it might even be worse.  Stalling and pixelation making it unwatchable.

0 Kudos

Same problems in Abbotsford, pixelization, freezing, blac...

sasmith
Grasshopper

Same problems in Abbotsford, pixelization, freezing, black screen with sound, black screen with no sound. No response to remote and them eventually it will return to normal. Shaw sent a tech out who walked straight to our main TV , didn't look at a darn thing and pronounced it was my PVR which is old. So I was assuming that I would need to buy a new PVR however having read the complaints here it seems that people with new equipment are experiencing the same problem. We have also noticed that it happens more during weekends particularly Sunday evenings, seems my old equipment doesn't like Sundays. Troubleshooting efforts like checking cables and unplugging have not effect.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help