Extra wrong charges on my Shaw bill

Not applicable

Hi I just received my Shaw invoice and they charged my account an extra almost $4.00 for "late payment" charges.  The problem is that my invoice for the last 10 years has been on automatic full payment.  When I talked to a Shaw employee they indicated it was a mistake.

Not sure how after 10 years of monthly billing all of a sudden they make this charge?
I advise everyone check the details of their bill to avoid these arbitrary charges added onto their bill...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Extra wrong charges on my Shaw bill

shaw-tamara

Hi shawnlenzin 

There are a couple different reasons why an account may no longer have automatic payments set up. I'm not sure which reason applies to your case, so this is just general information, but it can happen if: your credit card was lost or stolen and you had to get a replacement, the expiry date changed and wasn't updated, an automatic payment was rejected by the bank for insufficient funds, or your Shaw account was recently updated from our old billing system to the new one and it wasn't set up again. The last instance would apply if you made any upgrades like switching to BlueSky TV, or if you moved to another city/province. In the last example, the agent who processed the order for you would have been responsible for letting you know that you would have to set up your automatic payments again. 

I would recommend checking in with customer support if you have questions or concerns relating to this charge. Please note, we normally do not reverse late payment charges as we do send a monthly invoice showing the balance due and details on whether or not the account is on automatic payments. However, an agent can take a look at why this happened to your account, and if it was the result of something that we missed on our end  it's generally not a problem for us to apply a credit. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Thank you for your reply EXCEPT NONE of the reasons you cited occurred. Also if you don't reverse errors that Shaw makes by overcharging, you get all the interest on every customer's money until a month later on their next bill?  WOW

None of these reason apply in my situation:

• your credit card was lost or stolen and you had to get a replacement,

• the expiry date changed and wasn't updated,

• an automatic payment was rejected by the bank for insufficient funds, 

• Shaw account was recently updated from our old billing system to the new one and it wasn't set up again.

• you moved to another city/province..

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

shawnlenzin I am sorry for the situation that you are experiencing. The above are just some general reasons why the charge may be added. Without your specific account details, we are unable to confirm. Your best bet is to touch base with customer support so they can give you some more details.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help