Feature Removed??? - Slow-motion/Frame-by-Frame (XR15 BlueCurve Remote)

TroyH
Grasshopper

With the new XR15 BlueCurve TV remote there is no ability to play in slow motion. 

As someone who watches a lot of sports, this is very disappointing.  I frequently used this function before "upgrading" to BlueCurve. 

It would be great if this functionality would be available in a future software update.  As was indicated in another thread; pressing pause once, then fast forward once, would be a logical key stroke combo for this feature.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

I agree, the slow motion feature is a great feature, and...

mikekeeley
Grasshopper

I agree, the slow motion feature is a great feature, and I would like it back.   

absolutely ridiculous that a newer remote has less featur...

JJS11
Grasshopper

absolutely ridiculous that a newer remote has less features than the old. I am thinking of switching to Telus.

--  switching to Telus If you do plan to switch, note tha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JJS11 --  switching to Telus

If you do plan to switch, note that Telus, several times, has offered me "buy-out" money, if I were to switch. Since I have Shaw Internet and Shaw TV, the offer was $20/month for each month remaining on my Shaw two-year Value Plan, which matches the "cancellation" fee that Shaw would charge, if I were to prematurely terminate the Shaw contract.  So, ask Telus if this "buy-out" offer is still valid.

Of course, as a "new" customer of Telus, you will get promotional pricing, for the first year, and maybe more -- I cannot speak for Telus or Shaw or Rogers.

As a retired sports junkie, I too enjoyed instant slow-mo...

lansur
Grasshopper

As a retired sports junkie, I too enjoyed instant slow-mo replays. When I was convinced to upgrade my TV box I lost this ability with the "new and improved" technology, I soon discovered this FLAW. What did surprised me that not one person at Shaw that I spoke to knew about this shortcoming or so they professed. Can't help wondering if the networks were pressed by the various sports teams to curb this practice of instant replays for their own selfish purposes! Why else would any new system exclude this slow-mo replay ability?  "ADVANCED" technnology???

0 Kudos

Careful, I have friend whom is on Telus and they also do...

TeCo
Grasshopper

Careful, I have friend whom is on Telus and they also do not provide slo-mo... I plan to hang on to my "old" system as long as I can!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help