Fire the person that allowed the format change on channel LWEA-48 weather channel

robert_nelson
Grasshopper

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the former layout and format of the weather on LWEA channel 48. The new format uses a hard to read font, is too closely spaced, scrolls far too rapidly, and the temperature and time at the top of the screen is virtually unreadable because of font size. Who ever approved this change should be fired, because there was no real need to change the layout. I understand the weather office inputs the information and not Shaw staff, but I would think Shaw has to provide/approve the screen format. We frequently tune to this channel and leave it there to provide ambient music and glance at the weather when it becomes changable. IOW it is a well watched channel as much as any of the other channels in our packages. Some one in management needs to review this change because it makes no sense and is extremely annoying.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

I completely agree! This is the Shaw - Environment Canada...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I completely agree! This is the Shaw - Environment Canada / Local Weather channel (LWEA) in Winnipeg, Manitoba and surrounding areas... channel 48 (channel 106 on BlueCurve TV). I'm sure glad to see that I'm not the only one disappointed and frustrated about this. Like you've mentioned, the current temperature and time at the top of the screen is so tiny, you'd need a magnifying glass to help with reading it. I find the font they used for the weather information in the blue area to be very ugly looking and too closely spaced as well, if you don't mind me saying, and I agree... it scrolls so fast, it's unreadable! The scrolling text at the bottom of the screen scrolls at such a slow pace, and it even gets cut off before the message is finished (and the text is too small as well). I really hope that someone at Shaw can address these issues with the channel, to make it watchable again. I also would like to suggest that I wish Shaw could place the date at the top of the screen, where the clock and current temperature is, for quick reference, instead of needing to wait for it to appear at the bottom of the screen. This is a very popular channel within homes and even public places in Winnipeg, Manitoba and surrounding areas.

How can we push Shaw to make these very simple font chang...

GregL
Grasshopper

How can we push Shaw to make these very simple font changes?

My mother lives in a large assisted-living home.  Everyone is quite old, and this is a very popular Shaw channel for them.  It's very disappointing, as my mother is already half-blind.

Other than posting here, what's the best chance we have of Shaw changing this to be more readable for the aged?  it's really rude of them to do this..

THANK YOU FOR CHANGING THE FORMAT BACK THE WAY IT WAS EVE...

robert_nelson
Grasshopper

THANK YOU FOR CHANGING THE FORMAT BACK THE WAY IT WAS EVEN THOUGH IT TOOK A MONTH!! I'm glad someone at Shaw finally took the time to look at what what a cluster fudge someone made of the format and that it's been restored more or less to the way it was so we can go back to using it as a resource. Whoever was responsible for doing it should be fired so they don't screw something else up!

0 Kudos

Who did you complain to? They have changed the format aga...

bjanell
Grasshopper

Who did you complain to? They have changed the format again and now you have to sit through 20 minutes of the current weather in cities across Canada when all I want is the local weather. It doesn’t even give a local forecast. Tried the chat messenger with Shaw and they just told me to complain it the Weather Network. They didn’t seem to understand that isn’t the channel I am talking about. 

So true, the changes are ridiculous and t seems almost no...

DMiller
Grasshopper

So true, the changes are ridiculous and t seems almost no one at Shaw has a clue, The information is provided by Environment Canada BUT Shaw formats and inputs the display data.I sent a complaint to Shaw on Twitter but no reply. 

0 Kudos

looks like there is a technical problem. Our teams are cu...

shaw-tony

@bjanell @DMiller looks like there is a technical problem. Our teams are currently investigating, you can find more info here.

0 Kudos

Tey READING what we wrote , we can SEE the information. I...

DMiller
Grasshopper

Try READING what we wrote , we can SEE the information. It's that it changed from the old display of WInnipeg and Portage la Prairie conditions plus local forecasts to showing current conditions on a scroll for every city in the bloody country, it takes 20 minutes to see WInnipeg conditions and there are NO forecasts

You can't fix a problem unless you READ and UNDERSTAND what the problem is

I remember when Shaw took the Shopping Channel off of the...

rstra
Grand Master

I remember when Shaw took the Shopping Channel off of the basic cable package (temporarily) lol. 

0 Kudos

OMG they changed the format for Channel 48 Environment Ca...

Shaggy369
Grasshopper

OMG they changed the format for Channel 48 Environment Canada Weather Channel again! Not only do we have to see the weather for every airport in the country, but we no longer get a local forecast. Please change it back to the old format.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

TALK TO US
We're here to help