Fire tv

Glolomm
Grasshopper

I have fire TV. Why can't I download my bluecurve onto it?

Labels (1)
24 Replies

because there is no app for that and they don't really wa...

j1141
Grasshopper

because there is no app for that and they don't really want it to be a replacement for a cable tv box

The BlueCurve TV app is available for iOS and Android dev...

shaw-valerie

@Glolomm The BlueCurve TV app is available for iOS and Android devices, and accessible via web browser. It is not intended as a substitute for an additional cable box in your home, but rather to access some of your TV content while on the go. 

0 Kudos

Just researching the same topic.. My question would be, w...

SpiderHam77
Grasshopper

Just researching the same topic.. My question would be, why does it matter to you guys?  I could sit in my living room watch FreeRange on my laptop while my wife watches something different on the Cable Box.

I have my firestick set up in a location, that doesn't have access to a cable outlet.  So I can either wire or wireless stream my laptop on it to watch freerange.. Or you guys could do the smart thing, and perhaps understand your losing out on potential business.  As the ability to load the app, and watch it where ever the firestick is plugged in could be a great selling feature.

Heck you could limit it to a number of MAC Addresses like you do with your Shaw Go Wifi stuff.

IPTV is fully available on the Firstick through a few apps.  4000 World Wide Channels for less then 20 a month.  So not sure why you guys wouldn't simply offer it as a part of your cable package.  I mean your only charging your customers 5-6 times that in order to watch cable on a couple boxes in their home.

I’ve noticed their are slipping behind in technology vs b...

Amm
Grasshopper

I’ve noticed their are slipping behind in technology vs bell and Rogers but once the kids move on I’ll be moving from Shaw. 

Same for Apple TV. Blue Curve TV(formerly Free Range) is...

rickatk
Master

@Glolomm wrote:

I have fire TV. Why can't I download my bluecurve onto it?

Same for Apple TV. Blue Curve TV(formerly Free Range) is not available on Apple TV hardware. I dare say if Blue Curve were made available for streaming platforms like Apple TV, Roku or Fire Stick, there would be no need for cable hardware. It’s an interesting scenario. Monetizing Blue Curve TV and putting the app on a platform that runs countless more apps including Disney and Apple TV. I am sure this has been kicked around the cable company board rooms.

Alternatively, the Xi6 boxes could be much more competitive adding more of these popular apps like Disney and Apple TV.  Notwithstanding the absence of Apple TV and Disney right now, the Xi6 boxes work very well and add the benefit of PVR, something the streamers can’t do - yet.

So I guess your saying that bell fibe tv is better then....

Kurt78
Grasshopper

So I guess your saying that bell fibe tv is better then.  They have an app on firestick tv and I believe they also have chrome cast.  It would work better since i only have a cable box in the living room and i have chrome cast and firestick tv in my bedroom.  On five tv I could watch live and recorded shows with no hassle or extra fees.

I agree with the above, I have a TV in a room with no cab...

CKStan
Grasshopper

I agree with the above, I have a TV in a room with no cable hookup, this means I have an option, pay for Cable and not be able to watch it in both locations, or pay for a streaming service that I can access in both rooms 

--  I have an option, pay for Cable and not be able to wa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CKStan --  I have an option, pay for Cable and not be able to watch it in both locations, or pay for a streaming service that I can access in both rooms.

If you pay for Shaw Cable, and get a BlueCurve TV terminal, it can wirelessly connect to a TV "pod" located in the second location, to provide TV in both locations.

Or, as recently mentioned in this forum is "over-the-air" TV, sometimes nicknamed as "peasant vision" -- your local TV stations are broadcasting in HD, unscrambled. An outdoor antenna, and a wired connection from the antenna to the TV, are all you need. Obviously, this works best if you live near a big city (Vancouver? Calgary? Edmonton?).

Another option is "Shaw Direct" -- a satellite-dish linking to one TV.

0 Kudos

Please Delete this message - done in error. Why can’t I delete my own messages?

rickatk
Master

Why is there no delete function in the edit message list?
 wrote:
So I guess your saying that bell fibe tv is better then.  They have an app on firestick tv and I believe they also have chrome cast.  It would work better since i only have a cable box in the living room and i have chrome cast and firestick tv in my bedroom.  On five tv I could watch live and recorded shows with no hassle or extra fees.

I am saying if Shaw can’t provide you with wireless TV players and you have no coax connections around the house and Telus can provide you with wireless boxes go with Telus for the time being. Not really a matter of which service is better, just Shaw doesn't offer what you want right now, Telus does. 

Alternatively have a look at the streaming boxes like Apple TV and Roku. There are a lot of apps out there now offering many IPTV solutions. Including live TV and news. Indeed that is pretty much what BlueCurve has gotten to, but that is another topic. 

@Kurt78
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help