Frame by frame with Bluesky

parka
Grasshopper

With Gateway I used to be able to watch "frame by frame". This was handy when watching sports and you wanted to see the goal in slow motion (frame by frame)  I would pause the game and hit the forward button on the remote which would step through frame by frame. I can't seem to find how to do this on Bluesky. 

Labels (1)
15 Replies

Re: Frame by frame with Bluesky

shaw-tony

Hey parka,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, that specific feature is not the same with the BlueSky TV experience. However, you can press the pause and play button multiple times to get a frame by frame effect. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

This feature actually does work, You rewind live TV, Paus...

chaoswanderer
Grasshopper

This feature actually does work, You rewind live TV, Pause it, then press fast forward one time only

This can be done by first rewinding back to few minutes a...

Prabh
Grasshopper

This can be done by first rewinding back to few minutes as desired. Then pause first and then press fast forward once and that will play the channel in slow motion frame by frame.
hope this helps.

Pressing pause -return-pause-return-pause to get slow mot...

SparkyD
Grasshopper

Pressing pause -return-pause-return-pause to get slow motion is totally useless and not an elegant or adequate solution at all. Close to a useless method.

I just want to confirm that "slow motion" is no longer av...

ecayman
Grasshopper

I just want to confirm that "slow motion" is no longer available. I spent an hour on the phone with Shaw technical support a few weeks ago, and they told me that it should still work. We went through a whole string of trouble-shooting with no luck and then they mailed me a new remote control. After testing the remote this morning the issue is exactly the same. You press "pause" and then "forward" and the symbol on the TV appears to be the "slow motion" symbol, but it just plays at regular speed. Then I read the post above which appears to say that the feature is no longer available on Bluesky. If that's the case, then a reminder or note should be sent to all the Shaw Technical staff so that they don't give out the wrong information. And, I should note, we've been very happy with Shaw Support to date, so this appears to be a bit of an aberration. Thanks!

Are you on Bluesky? This method no longer works for me.

ecayman
Grasshopper

Are you on Bluesky? This method no longer works for me.

0 Kudos

With the new XR15 BlueCurve TV remote there is no ability...

TroyH
Grasshopper

With the new XR15 BlueCurve TV remote there is no ability to play in slow motion.  As someone who watches a lot of sports, this is very disappointing.  I frequently use this function.  It would be great if this could be available in a future software update.  As was previously available, hitting pause once then fast forward once would be a logical key stroke combo for this feature.

This does not work for me…April 26, 2022….it goes 2x thru...

katsco69
Grasshopper

This does not work for me…April 26, 2022….it goes 2x thru the recording!!!

0 Kudos

-- This does not work for me…April 26, 2022….it goes 2x t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@katsco69 -- This does not work for me…April 26, 2022….it goes 2x thru the recording!!!

If your PVR is currently "playing" a recording, then pressing "Fast Forward" will double the speed.

If you are watching "live" programming, you need to:

1. press PAUSE
  2. press REVERSE, to play backward a few seconds, since your PVR has "buffered" the program
  3. press PAUSE
  4. press FAST FORWARD, to play the buffered content at a slower speed
  5. if you wish, you can press PAUSE to stop when you think that the puck completely crosses the goal-line

Note that if the broadcasters choose to show a slow-motion replay, you can also do the above, to get a slower playback of their slowed-down replay.

Gone, Canucks, Gone !

TALK TO US
We're here to help