Jump to solution

Free Preview Channels Missing

The_Dude
Grasshopper

This morning the free Prview channels like National Geographic no longer show on my guide. I did a refresh of channels from my account and that did not fix it. The free previews say they are on until April 5/20.

I also got several new channels showing on my guide (even though I have settings to not show not subscribed channels) they cannot be viewed as they ask do I want to subscribe.

This has been happening several times now during free preview date ranges. A week or so before the end of the preview the channels disappear and I get new channels that cannot be accessed without subscribing to them.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

After many tries in rebooting the PVR and refreshing chan...

The_Dude
Grasshopper

After many tries in rebooting the PVR and refreshing channels from my Shaw account. The channels are back as they were and the channels that required sign up are gone. The missing channels corrected due to power outage  in Victoria this afternoon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

After many tries in rebooting the PVR and refreshing chan...

The_Dude
Grasshopper

After many tries in rebooting the PVR and refreshing channels from my Shaw account. The channels are back as they were and the channels that required sign up are gone. The missing channels corrected due to power outage  in Victoria this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

From: https://www.shaw.ca/tv/channels/free-previews   Ani...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Animal Planet
Starts May 4, 2023
Expires May 30, 2023
Animal Planet delivers on its mission to keep the childhood joy and wonder of animals alive by bringing people up close in every way. Exploring the bonds forged between animals and humans, Animal Planet brings out the character behind every creature.

Discovery Channel
Starts May 4, 2023
Expires May 30, 2023
With compelling real-life programming that inspires and entertains, Discovery reveals the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. Discovery offers adrenaline-charged stories and larger-than-life personalities for viewers with curious minds.

Discovery Science
Starts May 4, 2023
Expires May 30, 2023
Learn about outer space, leading scientific exploration, new technology, earth science basics and more with science video and news on Discovery Science.

Discovery Velocity
Starts May 4, 2023
Expires May 30, 2023
Discovery Velocity (formerly Discovery World HD) is an American high-definition, commercial-based, cable and satellite television channel owned by Discovery Communications. The channel specializes in nonfictional programming, focusing on expensive cars, sports related shows, and other programming targeted at men ages 25-54.

Investigation Discovery
Starts May 4, 2023
Expires May 30, 2023
Investigation Discovery (ID) brings justice to television with a deeper look into the world of crime, forensics, paranormal investigation and modern mysteries.

ABC Spark
Starts May 1, 2023
Expires May 31, 2023
ABC Spark is a 24-hour television channel featuring a unique blend of authentic and compelling entertainment - with diverse stories and relationships that are passionate, honest and real - all told with optimism, humour and heart. Life just got brighter.

Cooking Channel Canada
Starts May 1, 2023
Expires May 31, 2023
Cooking Channel is an entertainment brand dedicated to satisfying a growing hunger for more content devoted to food and cooking in every dimension; from global cuisines to international travel, history and unconventional how-to's.

GMA Pinoy
Starts May 1, 2023
Expires May 14, 2023
GMA Pinoy is a 24-hour international Filipino television station. The channel offers shows from GMA Network in the Philippines. Programming includes news, public affairs, and general entertainment.

The News Forum
Starts March 16, 2023
Expires December 31, 2026
The News Forum program mix features high quality domestic and international news along with opinion programs on pressing daily issues. Watch opinion-based talk shows like Canadian Justice, Counter Point, Our Canada Our Future and more.

Boomerang
Starts January 1, 2015
Expires December 31, 2026
Boomerang Network is the trans-generational and timeless brand providing quality and safe entertainment for younger kids and their families to share — and for older siblings to join in! The funny, timeless, and trusted entertainment destination for kids and parents to share, laugh and experience together the animated shows that parents love, and kids are discovering.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help