Thanks for your response.   I was on the line with Shaw C...

TY911
Grasshopper
Thanks for your response.

I was on the line with Shaw Chat again today, and the only thing I didn’t do yet was change the HDMI cable.  

It seems to happen on all channels.  I don’t have a soundbar, I don’t use a power bar.  Just a simple 32” Samsung TV and the tiny TV box connected with the Shaw Cable.  No splitter.  I have done a reset on the TV box (the 15-20 minute thing).  I have adjusted the Audio settings on the TV box.  I have put the TV’s audio to default.  Next is the HDMI cable and if that doesn’t work.. a service call I guess.

I am not impressed with BlueCurve, that’s for sure.  I think Shaw needs to get their heads together and come up with a solution.  Now that I am locked into a 2 year contract... it’s gonna be painful.

I am so tired of my three Google Minis skipping as well (on the CJOB radio station AND Spotify).  A song is playing, and then goes silent for 3 or 4 seconds and then continues with the song it was playing.  

I thought I would get better than I had.  Not the case with my system. Frustrating.  I cannot use my Google minis anymore, as I cannot deal with this technical ‘issue’.  

I guess we will all need to run out and buy a sound bar s...

TY911
Grasshopper

I guess we will all need to run out and buy a sound bar so that we can watch our TV shows without the sound burps.  I checked to see if we could hook up an optical cable to the TV box.  Nope.

0 Kudos

Ugh, that sucks. Did they say that would help?

Feissling
Grasshopper

Ugh, that sucks. Did they say that would help? 

0 Kudos

Do you have just one TV in your home, or multiple wireles...

shaw-valerie

@Feissling Do you have just one TV in your home, or multiple wireless boxes? If you have more than one, does this happen on all of them, or just one? If it's happening on just one of multiple TVs, we can try swapping the location of the boxes in your home, to try and narrow down if it's the equipment itself, or something with the location of the box, which could be signal-related.

You had mentioned earlier in the thread that the box had been swapped out previously, was that done by yourself at one of our retail locations, or did we have a service technician out to your home? 

0 Kudos

I only have one TV. A service tech came to install it. He...

Feissling
Grasshopper

I only have one TV.

A service tech came to install it. He said the signal is strong and the location good. It's about 1m from the modem, with line of sight.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the additional information on your setup and t...

shaw-valerie

@TY911 Thanks for the additional information on your setup and the troubleshooting steps already undertaken. I can certainly understand your frustration here, as you're seeing issues with both the TV and Internet service at your home, I would recommend that you reach out to our technical support team so they can run some further diagnostics to see if the issue is with the signal coming into your home, and setup a service appointment for you if necessary. 

Also just to clarify, my asking if you were using a soundbar or other audio receiver was not to insinuate that you needed that equipment in order for your service to work, this should definitely work with the audio running through your TV speakers, but just to get an idea of how your equipment was setup in your home. 

0 Kudos

If swapping out the box did not resolve the issue present...

shaw-valerie

@Feissling If swapping out the box did not resolve the issue present at the previous service appointment, then we would want to take a look into setting up another appointment for you. Get in touch with our technical support team here and they can help you out with that! 

0 Kudos

That's frustrating to say the least. At this point I thin...

Feissling
Grasshopper

That's frustrating to say the least. At this point I think I'm better of switching to another box. 

0 Kudos

New Shaw customer for two weeks now (Bluesky wirelss).  G...

BradMich
Grasshopper

New Shaw customer for two weeks now (Bluesky wirelss).  Getting the same problem regardiless of what channel... sound is trough the TV speakers, no other audio receiver.  I've actually timed it and it's very regular, every 10 minutes on the nose, lasts for almost exactly 1 minute... this cycle  repeats every 10 minutes, like clockwork!!! (Makes Jeopardy super difficult to watch).   Was on the chat with an agent and they indicated this was a known issue with the 4k wireless that they are trying to resolve.  The agent suggested switching out for the coax boxes instead...  Ironically, the whole reason we got wireless was because the Shaw technician was not able to run the coax cable in our house! 

Not sure how long it's going to take for Shaw to resolve this, but it's pretty frustrating.  The agent was transferring me to billing to see if they could give us compensation while this issue gets sorted, but after 45 minutes of waiting to be transferred I gave up and went to bed and left my cell number for a call back the next day.  It was an hour when the agent from billing finally picked up the chat...   >: /    Hopefully some resolution soon.

0 Kudos

I was experiencing audio issues as well, I have an older...

kbrunt
Grasshopper

I was experiencing audio issues as well, I have an older home stereo system Sony and after our system was set up when we turned that tv and receiver on the audio was garbled and you couldn’t even understand what was being said. note we already had it hooked up with an optical audio cable. I have fixed it by changing the audio to stereo instead of Dolby or automatic...so far so Good I will let you know if it messes up again...

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help