Frequent audio drops Bluesky TV

Not applicable

Got a new Bluesky TV box on Wednesday to fix an issue I was having with my previous one, and the new one is experiencing very frequent audio drops.  The issue isn't occurring with any of the other devices connected to my A/V receiver.  When it happens, audio is lost for about 1 second.

Incidentally, despite replacing the first Bluesky TV box I received on Wednesday August 23, it has apparently not resolved the issue of it partially losing its signal (there is enough of a signal being sent that my A/V Receiver or TV isn't saying that there's no input detected).  The issue is only resolved by unplugging the Bluesky box altogether - I've tested a new HDMI cable, and last night when it occurred (twice), I connected the Bluesky TV box directly to my TV to entirely bypass my A/V Receiver, and that did not result in regaining a visual/audio signal (which tells me that it's still the box that's the problem) - pressing the "display" button on my TV's remote (not the Bluesky remote) showed that the resolution only registering at 720p.  Also, when this problem occurs, the Bluesky TV box does not go into sleep mode despite the setting being enabled.

This problem seems to trigger more easily anytime there are input changes (whether frequent or simply on another input for a lengthy period of time) or I have to power cycle my A/V Receiver.  I just got some new speakers, and so I have been trying to calibrate listening modes, etc... which sometimes requires a power cycle to enable the change in settings. 

I think this is either an inherent problem with the Bluesky TV box or simply a bug in the FW.

edit: as a note - the audio drops did not occur with the previous Bluesky TV box...

Labels (1)
43 Replies

Re: Frequent audio drops Bluesky TV

joanne24
Grasshopper

I have the exact same problem. I was told it’s my TV. No it is not my TV. It’s a blue sky box issue. It was gone until the last update. Very frustrating to have to reboot each time I turn on the bedroom TV. Sucks. Pay a lot of money monthly to have to do this. 

0 Kudos

I'm getting this same problem. The audio cut doesn't last...

Yolks
Grasshopper

I'm getting this same problem. The audio cut doesn't last a full second though. It's a split second, very quick, but it happens 2 or 3 times per minute.

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any trends of this issue. There may be...

shaw-tony

@Yolks @joanne24 I haven't heard of any trends of this issue. There may be an input delay when switching in between. Do you notice any problems with the picture at all, or is it only audio? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

We just got shaw on friday and this is happening and driv...

T-Pain
Grasshopper

We just got shaw on friday and this is happening and driving us crazy! Was a solution ever found?

0 Kudos

Are you going through an audio receiver? Connect an optic...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you going through an audio receiver? Connect an optical audio cable, this should fix the issue of audio drops.

My TV box does a similar thing.  I upgraded to Blue Sky a...

TY911
Grasshopper

My TV box does a similar thing.  I upgraded to Blue Sky about a month ago, and my TV audio cuts out on certain channels for 3-4 seconds (4 or 5 times an hour).  Talk about a pain in the butt.  I have to turn captioning on, so that I don’t miss the story line.  Shaw technical support did an Internet reset which did nothing to help.  The adapter is plugged into the wall, and there are no splitters on the cable line.  The TV boxes are cabled, and NOT the Wifi version.  The Gateway TV box has no issues.  The Google minis all have a similar audio dropping while listening to spotify.  Annoying doesn’t cover how I feel about this new system.  My old one had NO issues.  

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Very frequent audio drops. Bo...

Feissling
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue. Very frequent audio drops. Box got replaced, but same issue. Gets unwatchable! 

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear about the audio issues that you're seeing....

shaw-valerie

@TY911 @Feissling Sorry to hear about the audio issues that you're seeing. When you're encountering this is it specific channels or programs that are affected, or does it happen on all channels? Does the audio run through your TV speakers, or are you connected to a surround sound, stereo receiver or sound bar? 

0 Kudos

Hi Valerie It happens on all the channels. My audio is th...

Feissling
Grasshopper

Hi Valerie

It happens on all the channels. My audio is through the TV speakers (so HDMI cable from the box directly to the TV). I am on the wireless IPTV box. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help