Frequent audio drops NBC Seattle

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I have been experiencing very frequent audio drops on the HD channel of NBC out of Seattle. Some drops are very short and some last for awhile.  I live in Vancouver and have a 3510 pvr..  Don't have audio drops on any other channels.  This happened a few years ago in another channel and Mark_vse finally solved the problem I believe.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Re: Frequent audio drops NBC Seattle

shaw-don

Hello  

That can be caused by a signal issue to the box. Do you notice if you also get any pixelation or freezing with the picture? Try unscrewing the cable off the back of the digital box and off the cable outlet, then screw them back on and see if you continue to get the audio drops. Something else to test, try recording a program on that station, then play it back and see if you get the audio drops. If you do, play it back again and see if the audio drops in the same location. 

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I live in Thunder Bay. I am experiencing many short audio dropouts on the ABC and NBC channels (those are the ones I have noticed). This happened a couple of years ago. It was not my equipment then, I doubt it is now.

steveboer
Grasshopper

I'm having the same problem in St.Albert, AB.  NBC is probably the worst channel, but there are others as well.  Generally no pixelation issues, just sound, and the audio drops also occur on recorded program playback.

coffeehead72
Grasshopper

same issue wsbk wdiv sd and many more Got told it a rf issue lol Theynot on the same RF and bad pix and audio drop not the a rf issues front line staff send it up get told RF hmm its the same issue shaw had for 3 years yep same issue and the new staff dotn get it

coffeehead72
Grasshopper

or it could be the DCM in TO

0 Kudos

coffeehead72
Grasshopper

or its the feed from the DCM could any one look at it?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help