Front door video camera

P_Minion
Grasshopper

I live in a seniors complex that has a front door camera. Typically I can change between the television channels and the front door (security) video feed by toggling the input button on my Shaw remote. This stopped working when I switched from a faulty PVR to my new cable box from Shaw. The TV channels work fine but I am no longer able to see the security camera. 

Thanks,

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Did you install the box or did you have an installer do i...

rstra
Grand Master

Did you install the box or did you have an installer do it for you? Sounds like the cable wasn’t connected properly. There should be a splitter behind the TV with one cable going in to your tv and the other end going in to your cable box. 

0 Kudos

I have Blue Curve and a Smart TV. I had to connect the TV...

The_seascape
Grasshopper

I have Blue Curve and a Smart TV. I had to connect the TV via a cable splitter with the coaxial cable from the wall, one cable goes into my internet modem, and the other into my TV. I switch inputs on my TV to Antenna, and then did a channel search. For my TV it is now channel 134. 

You can try channel 117 on an old analogue TV(use the cha...

Asheracat
Grasshopper

You can try channel 117 on an old analogue TV(use the channel search) connected directly on the cable outlet with a cable patch cord. By the way, it could also be that the CCTV (analogue) modulator box is not working at the cable distribution box in your apartment block. You will most probably have to call for a technician to come and turn it on but get ready for a technician who absolutely doesn't know about how analogue systems work and also doesn't know about video CCTV modulators! That technician most probably will try to find a problem in the setup in your suite and probably mess up your TV;s setup and the cables connecting to it from the cable box, just like my technician did! So beware! The technician that came into my apartment was an absolute nightmare! He was condescending and simply did not want to listen to what I had to say even though I work for 15 years as a network engineer at IBM before I retired! He totally messed up my TV setup and the cable connections to it, trying to find the problem that really is at the cable distribution box of our apartment block! The modulator stopped working because a severe power outage in our area! All he would have had to do was to turn it back on, a 5 minute job, but he waste most of my morning trying to find the problem in my suite! The modulator problem is still not solved and I've re-scheduled another technician to HOPEFULLY turn on the modulator AT THE CABLE DISTRIBUTION BOX! Please, Shaw: DO VET YOUR TECHNICIANS BETTER WHEN HIRING THEM!

0 Kudos

-- stopped working when I switched from a faulty PVR to m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@P_Minion -- stopped working when I switched from a faulty PVR to my new cable box 

Your previous PVR and your new PVR use totally-different protocols to communicate with Shaw.

Your security-video feed is compatible with the protocol accepted by your older PVR, but not with the protocol accepted by the new PVR.

The comment by @The_seascape  is spot-on. Use the "input" (or "source") button on the Shaw remote-control to switch your TV between "HDMI-input" and "cable-input".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help