FX Now on Appletv

RobC
Grasshopper

Thought I would post this up hoping for Shaw to advocate on behalf of their paying customers.  I wanted access to FXnow on my AppleTV 4 however every other cable provider is available except for Shaw.  I tried contacting FX for support however my question was not returned by them, on the FX app they have the complete catalog of their shows however Shaw on demand only has a few episodes.  Would be nice to have Shaw added so that customers can access what they pay for, you can log in on a computer or cellphone and watch it but not on AppleTV for some reason 

Labels (1)
16 Replies

From my desktop computer (not via any AppleTV app) I was...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From my desktop computer (not via any AppleTV app) I was able to login to FX Now Canada, with my Shaw ID credentials, and stream one episode of Sons of Anarchy from their web-site.

I did not access the "Shaw On Demand" service, to search for any episodes of that show on Shaw's web-site. That's a different archive of episodes.

Unfortunately this is something that needs to be updated...

shaw-valerie

@RobC Unfortunately this is something that needs to be updated on the FX side, we don't manage that particular app. You are able to access the FXNow app on iOS and Android devices, and online here to view the full library of content available on that service. 

Valerie, to clarify your response - Shaw has given full a...

pugluma
Grasshopper

Valerie, to clarify your response - Shaw has given full authorization for their customers to access the fxnow app via iOS, Android AND AppleTV?  
This doesn’t appear to be the case because none of us are able to even find Shaw listed when we are attempting to sign in/authorize via AppleTV.  And when your customers look for answers, FXnow’s faq states that IF we do not see our provider listed, that means that our provider (aka Shaw) has NOT authorized their customer base to access fxnow via the AppleTV app.  
Your clarification is greatly appreciated!  

719DEFFA-2D40-4C2B-BAF0-B967D5F20D2C.png

As iOS and tvOS (AppleTV’s platform) are not the same, I’...

pugluma
Grasshopper

As iOS and tvOS (AppleTV’s platform) are not the same, I’m hopeful clarification on your statement indicating “iOS devices” may be helpful to the those of us struggling with this issue. I (and others) very much appreciate your time. 

Try getting an update from Rogers, fill out the form here...

rstra
Grand Master

Try getting an update from Rogers, fill out the form here, they will get back to you:

https://www.fxnowcanada.ca/contact-us/

Thanks    I did do that but unfortunately have not heard...

pugluma
Grasshopper

Thanks @rstra   I did do that but unfortunately have not heard back.  I also asked them specifically if Shaw’s customer base was not authorized to access fxnow through the AppleTV app (as they stated in their FAQ) or if this was a failure to update the AppleTV app on their (Rogers) end.  I’ll update here should they send a reply (being the holidays, it may take some time).  Curious if @RobC ever received a reply.  

No I never heard back from FX support

RobC
Grasshopper

No I never heard back from FX support 

Accessing FXNow from my desktop computer on the Shaw netw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Accessing FXNow from my desktop computer on the Shaw network, I see "Shaw" as an option, after scrolling-down.

The list seems to be in alphabetical order.

capture.jpg

Same. Also present for me on the iPhone/Android app.  But...

pugluma
Grasshopper

Same. Also present for me on the iPhone/Android app.  But still no Shaw listing present via AppleTV/tvOS app.  

C849BF06-40E2-4A01-B8D7-1877021B274A.jpeg

TALK TO US
We're here to help