Global tv channel has major disturbance

Wljesson
Grasshopper

Have had crappy reception on channel 101 Global Tv for well over a month and it has only gotten worse over the last few days . The channel is unwatchable . Spent 2 hours on the phone with Shaw tech support last week doing all the usual resets of boxes etc and no resolution. They said they’d refer me to their operations dept and of course they call back and only leave the general number to call them back. I refuse to waste more time with tech people that are clueless. We told them that we had the same problem with other channels a few months ago and they should be able to see the calls logged in their system . Yet each time we call they claim they’ve never heard of the issue before. Online blogs are filled with similar complaints. 
should I be cancelling my Shaw TV service and ditching cable? No issues with any subscribed services like Netflix, crave etc.

If I could give Shaw support a grade , it would definitely be “F”

Labels (1)
9 Replies

-- where are you physically located?  Do you know if any...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wljesson -- where are you physically located?  Do you know if any of your neighbours also have the BlueCurve TV box, and are having the same issue?  

For me, on my older Gateway HDPVR, on southern Vancouver Island, viewing GlobalTV has been uneventful.

0 Kudos

In Richmond, BC and don’t know if any neighbours are havi...

Wljesson
Grasshopper

In Richmond, BC and don’t know if any neighbours are having issues. 

0 Kudos

Our shaw tv has been dropping Global 101 for a month or s...

bcarter
Grasshopper

Our shaw tv has been dropping Global 101 for a month or so here in Nanaimo. The screen just goes black - sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes longer...All other channel are fine...

0 Kudos

Yes I am having the same issues in Qualicum Beach. My adv...

QBTim
Grasshopper

Yes I am having the same issues in Qualicum Beach. My advice is drop Shaw/Rogers as quickly as you can. I have dealt with Rogers in the past and their services are awful. I am in the process of kicking them to the curb as we speak. It will only get worse from here.

0 Kudos

--  I am having the same issues in Qualicum Beach Same as...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@QBTim --  I am having the same issues in Qualicum Beach

Same as @bcarter in nearby Nanaimo? 

Do you happen to have "time-shift", and are using it to try to watch CTV Calgary?

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/problems-with-ctv-calgary/td-p/61545

If you have time-shift, do you get the same issue when selecting one of the other CTV feeds?

Or, do you have the same issue as: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/program-looping-repeating/td-p/60490

> My advice is drop Shaw/Rogers as quickly as you can. I am in the process of kicking them to the curb ...

Does that mean that you are switching to Telus Optik TV ?  Please give us some feedback, after you have been on Telus TV for a while, to see if any of the contributors should make the same switch.

0 Kudos

Here in Comox. Every day it seems I have to disconnect ca...

motherslildevil
Grasshopper

Here in Comox. Every day it seems I have to disconnect cable and power line wait 1 min then reconnect to stop my TV from pixilating and stutter shows but only on my 2 DCX 3510-M boxes. The old DCX 3400-M never has this problem. Tech rebooted at main office and it was good for about a week now back to same old disconnect.  Very bothersome.

0 Kudos

-- did the Shaw/Rogers tech make a remote connection to y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@motherslildevil -- did the Shaw/Rogers tech make a remote connection to your box(es), to view the "signal strength" reaching the box(es), because poor signal-strength will cause some symptoms. Try that first, and then get a site-visit from a Shaw/Rogers technician, to examine everything (coaxial-cable connector on the nearest telephone-pole, into/out of the "demarcation box" on the outside of your home, and any splitter inside that "demarc" box). The technician may cut off some of the connectors, and put new connectors on, or just tighten the existing connectors).

0 Kudos

Time for a service call, most likely a signal issue.

rstra
Grand Master

@motherslildevil  Time for a service call, most likely a signal issue.

0 Kudos

Hey Guys, ran into a Rogers Tech Service guy and he said...

RogersUser3793
Grasshopper

Hey Guys, ran into a Rogers Tech Service guy and he said to replace the modem only, not the wireless box on the television

something to do with a firmware update that happened recently about deleting cached programming failing and only way to resolve is to replace the modem device

Good luck

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help