Guide view

JCRS
Grasshopper

Getting super annoyed that I have to constantly change my guide view back to "free to me". It won't stay on it for more than a short amount of time. Feels like a constant forced sales pitch. I'm aware there are other channels available, I don't want them. I've had Shaw for about 5 months now or so, with another year and a half on my contract. Won't be renewing if this isn't addressed. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

How are you choosing your guide view?

shaw-tony

@JCRS Just want to clarify the process that you're using when choosing your guide view. With BlueCurve TV, you can temporarily filter your guide view by pressing the Guide button on the remote twice. Using this option will be temporary and will revert back to the default guide view setting, but it's useful more for when you just want to browse all movies or sports or your favourite channels. 

To change the default guide view, press the Shaw button on the remote, then choose the cog to open the settings menu, choose preferences, then you'll be able to change the default guide view setting on that screen. 

When I change my default guide view to 'Free to me', it s...

tad551
Grasshopper

When I change my default guide view to 'Free to me', it still shows me plenty of channels I do not have. Yes, I've changed it in Settings\Preferences\General\Default Guide View. Chat tech offered to do a reset on my system. No thank you. It took HOURS to get it set up in the first place. As apparently, I was given equipment that wasn't loaded, and came directly from the manufacturer. That's what the Shaw tech thinks happened anyway. I am also very disappointed that I believed him when he said that my old PVR would not work anymore. Too late now as I've sold it for a measly $10. I will never believe what Shaw techs tell me from now on.

Same crap here

Mikewalter
Grasshopper

Same crap here

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help