Jump to solution

Guide View

zinger
Grasshopper

We have two tv's. Is it possible to have a favorite listings for each one. We like different programs.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- we have 2 TVs ... only one Shaw Gateway PVR How does t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zinger -- we have 2 TVs ... only one Shaw Gateway PVR

How does that work, if you want simultaneous viewing?

I would search on web-sites like "Craig's List" or www.used.ca to buy a second Gateway -- probably from somebody who bought the hardware, a few years ago, but since has switched to TELUS Optik.  One listing that I found was a bundle: a Gateway, two remote TV boxes, and a 500 GB external disk-drive (to double the capacity [500 GB] of the internal disk-drive), all for under $40.

Always check the serial-number with Shaw, before you purchase, to ensure that it can be activated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- if you have two Shaw Gateway PVR boxes, they are "inde...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zinger -- if you have two Shaw Gateway PVR boxes, they are "independent" -- each can record different content. However, content recorded on one can be viewed on the other.  Presumably, each Gateway can have its own "favorites".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We only have one Shaw Gateway PVR box. I was hoping we co...

zinger
Grasshopper

@mdk We only have one Shaw Gateway PVR box. I was hoping we could each have a favorite channel listing. Then one person doesn't have to scan all the channels to find their show.  Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- we have 2 TVs ... only one Shaw Gateway PVR How does t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zinger -- we have 2 TVs ... only one Shaw Gateway PVR

How does that work, if you want simultaneous viewing?

I would search on web-sites like "Craig's List" or www.used.ca to buy a second Gateway -- probably from somebody who bought the hardware, a few years ago, but since has switched to TELUS Optik.  One listing that I found was a bundle: a Gateway, two remote TV boxes, and a 500 GB external disk-drive (to double the capacity [500 GB] of the internal disk-drive), all for under $40.

Always check the serial-number with Shaw, before you purchase, to ensure that it can be activated.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help