Hdpvr 630

davyb
Grasshopper

I had an Apple box and a Hdpvr 630, each connected via hdmi cables to two different hdmi port on an rca tv. I used the fibre optic outlet on the tv to connect to a speaker bar. This worked fine and by switching between the two hdmi ports on the tv using the remote I got the sound from whichever device Was connected.

My hdmi 630 died and Shaw replaced it with a Hdpvr 830. Now my Apple box still functions this way but the Hdpvr 830 only sends sound to the tv internal speakers. I have tried swapping hdmi cables and hdmi ports on the tv, the Apple box still works this way by the Hdpvr 830 still only sends sound to the internal tv speakers.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Did you try turning off the tv speaker in the settings fo...

rstra
Grand Master

@davyb  Did you try turning off the tv speaker in the settings for the tv? Any other settings in the TV that might cause this?

0 Kudos

-- The Hdpvr 830 only sends sound to the TV's internal sp...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@davyb -- The Hdpvr 830 only sends sound to the TV's internal speakers. 

Perhaps, your TV recognizes the new PVR as a "new" device, and each new device on your TV has default settings, e.g., "use internal speakers" versus "use fiber-optic audio output" ?

What model of RCA TV do you have? Do you have the manual that came with it, or can you find the manual online?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help