How can I backup my recordings

Not applicable

It hasn't happen yet but just in case. What will happen to my recordings if something wrong with the BlueSky box and needs to be replaced? Can I back it up to somewhere else and restore it to the new box? Is there a process in place from Shaw  to cover this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: How can I backup my recordings

shaw-tamara

Hi soso406 

There is currently no system in place to back up recordings on BlueSky TV, or any of our other cable boxes. That said, if you delete something in error you can recover it on BlueSkyTV by going into the deleted folder to restore it. Full steps for that can be found on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-9905 

0 Kudos

Re: How can I backup my recordings

rstra
Grand Master

Something I noticed with BlueSky. I moved to another town, cancelled my cable and put my internet on TCIS while we were in the process of buying a new house and moving. Once we were moved in, I ordered cable and restarted my internet. The technician comes by and installs a new BlueSky with portals, we fired it up and all my old series recordings show up (not the recordings themselves). My account number remained the same, but these were new boxes, kind of a nice bonus not having to reset the series recordings. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help