How do I change the guide?

ladymistery
Grasshopper

Just got the new gateway update, and it's okay.  There is an issue - everything is just black. no colours any more (green for sports, etc).

My husband is disabled, and used those colours to help navigate.

How do I get them back? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

Re: How do I change the guide?

shaw-tony

Hey ladymistery,

Thank you for reaching out! Yes, there was a recent update to the Gateway guide. I have more information on that here. I am sorry to inform you that there is no way to revert back to the old guide view. As for the changes, the colour on the guide now shows up on the left side of the program instead of the entire program bar to indicate sports, movies, etc. similar to the image below. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

ladymistery
Grasshopper

I don't necessarily want to revert, I just want it to be a little more obvious.  That tiny little line is useless to someone with a disability like my husband has. 

Thank you for the information. I know Shaw doesn't really care if they inconvenience someone, or make life more difficult - and it's not your fault they do it.

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the troubles this update has caused. We don't have an ETA for when the colours will be updated to be more obvious but it is something that is on the radar as we have received similar feedback from other users regarding this change. At this point the only thing we know is that it will be addressed in a future update, but hopefully that won't be too far out. Sorry about that! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime.  

coolcanuckinylw
Grasshopper

Another ill conceived and not thought-through upgrade. Give users the choice if you must.

Make it obvious, as mentioned above re. colours / bars... like has been for years), not everyone has perfect vision, not everyone is 10-20 yrs old, lot's of your customers have vision impairments to some degree.

Why change? Was it requested by your customers? Or was it an "Internal Request for change and modernization".

Nothing worse in life than change for change sake. If it ain't broke...

Yes, change should occur. But has Shaw ever heard of "Product testing" - "Quality Assurance" - "Focus Groups" (using a cross section of your actual subscribers / customers, not some 10 employees aged 20-25).

I know how Shaw works, and unfortunately, more often than not, the left doesn't know what the right is doing...

Customer Service / Help Desk doean't know what the others have in store for us (Your Paying Customers, who are ever more being alienated and driven somewhere else).

So, we, your customers can continue to pay our monthly fees, yet can no longer even navigate the basics as we can't read it.

Progress????

yvrdave
Grasshopper

I, too, am very disappointed with the recent change to the TV Guide.  The black and white colors are very harsh and difficult to read for us seniors.  The nice previous format was great with different colors for various program types.  If I pause a recorded program and watch live TV, then go back to the recorded program - I now have to search through all my recorded programs to restart watching.  Previously it was kept in que and only had to press play to restart.

Please hire someone else to fix it because it's not very friendly anymore.  I suspect you won't get many complaints because it's not easy to complain - there is no phone number or person to call.  So this is all I could find.  Hopefully someone will pass along these remarks made by me and others to the boss, and maybe he will do the right thing and fix it.

Thank you.

yvrDave

hey_bigt
Grasshopper

Spent 2 hours thinking I changed a setting for the guide and could not figure out how to change it back.

That was a bit frustrating!

Glad to know it wasn't something I did. Is there a way to find out what updates get rolled out to shaw equipment?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey yvrdave,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate your time and feedback. As for the queued recording, this operation has changed. If your recording has ended or if you hit the live TV button to bring up live TV, you can press the MENU button to return to the PVR menu where you left off. There are many ways to contact us here, let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey hey_bigt,

Thank you for reaching out!. You can certainly find more details on the update here. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

nothappy2
Grasshopper

What happened to Preferences and Options  in the Settings menu? How do I change any thing in the way the Guide is displayed?

This update is more of a downgrade! I hate the black and white. Bring back the colour!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help