Jump to solution

how do i fix pixelation in PVR recordings ?

swiperthefox
Grasshopper

Last couple weeks it seems everything being PVR'd pixelates during playback yet, we dont ever see any pixelating when watching live .........

What gives  ??

any tips/tricks / hints ?

note:  only 22% of space is in use (approx)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: how do i fix pixelation in PVR recordings ?

shaw-shaun
Shaw Squad

Hey swiperthefox,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with that. Does the pixelation happen on all of the boxes during play back?

The cause would be due to the signal and I recommend removing and reconnecting the coax cable connection. This includes the back of your PVR, wall outlet and the ends of any cable splitter connected between the two.

You're going to want to give that a try on the main BlueSky box and not the portals.

This doesn't always solve the issue with pixelation on play back but moving forward any recording should see improvement. Also, it would be good to note whether the pixelation continues to happen on specific channels. If you continue to have troubles even after attempting the above. Please let us know and we can also look at having someone out to take a closer look at the levels.

It could also be something as simple as swapping out one of the cables.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-shaun
Shaw Squad

Hey swiperthefox,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with that. Does the pixelation happen on all of the boxes during play back?

The cause would be due to the signal and I recommend removing and reconnecting the coax cable connection. This includes the back of your PVR, wall outlet and the ends of any cable splitter connected between the two.

You're going to want to give that a try on the main BlueSky box and not the portals.

This doesn't always solve the issue with pixelation on play back but moving forward any recording should see improvement. Also, it would be good to note whether the pixelation continues to happen on specific channels. If you continue to have troubles even after attempting the above. Please let us know and we can also look at having someone out to take a closer look at the levels.

It could also be something as simple as swapping out one of the cables.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

swiperthefox
Grasshopper

I swapped main box and the one portal locations.

Will see if any recordings from today work better

Thx

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Having same issues, (bedroom tv ) pixelation on recording...

Jeastew
Grasshopper

Having same issues, (bedroom tv ) pixelation on recordings , have unplugged, replugged coax cable etc , no improvement, reg tv channels in living room have started hesitating as well  not all but some , so annoyed! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jeastew -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. The forum is NOT a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ).  A Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your Shaw box, to check various values, including "signal strength" reaching the box.  Poor signal strength can manifest as pixelation.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help