Jump to solution

How do I fix the "Could not create download" error?

regjohn1
Grasshopper

I am located in Calgary with BlueSky TV.

According to this, I should be able to download my pvr recordings on the Shaw Free Range TV app.

On the Shaw Free Range TV app (Version: 5.3.0.004), whenever I try to download an episode, first I get a message that says "Preparing Download: Please wait while we prepare to download your video: Acquiring Offline Licence"

Then, I get an error that says

"Could Not Create Download: Unfortunately, we're not able to download this program at this time. Please try again in a few minutes, or select another program."

I tried again in a few minutes. It still didn't work

I selected another program. It still didn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: How do I fix the "Could not create download" error?

shaw-tony

regjohn1 are you able to try this on another device to see if the same error message pops up? Also, can you delete and reinstall the app?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi  

That's odd! Is this the first time you've tried downloading anything on FreeRange or has it worked previously? If you have used it before, it might be worth double checking to make sure that you haven't reached the limit for downloads (which is 10 per device, with a limit of 2 devices that can download recordings or VOD). You can check this by going into the settings in FreeRange - under "Managed Devices" it should show you which devices have recordings downloaded and then give you the option to return them (if applicable).

You can also only check out one recording at a time, so if someone else in the household has already downloaded that episode you will need to wait for them to return it before you can access it. 

If those options don't explain why you are unable to access this episode, please let us know! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

regjohn1
Grasshopper

Shaw-tamara, thank you for your response.

Downloading has worked previously.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Thanks! And just to confirm, have you maxed out the number of downloads on your devices? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

regjohn1
Grasshopper

No, it says I have no devices with downloads.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

regjohn1 are you able to try this on another device to see if the same error message pops up? Also, can you delete and reinstall the app?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

regjohn1
Grasshopper

I restarted my device and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I was able to get the downloads to work. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-don

Awesome! If you run into any further trouble, let us know!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help