How to on demand settings? (Always goes back to live tv instead of staying on the show)

Mandy2
Grasshopper

I don’t know if there is anyway to fix this, but it’s so frustrating. 

When watching something on demand. If I pause the show, within 5-10 minutes it closes it and goes back to live tv. I just want it to stay on what I’m watching. No need to go back to live tv. 

Anyway to change this? 

Labels (2)
12 Replies

Unfortunately this isn't a setting that can be changed, t...

shaw-valerie

@Mandy2 Unfortunately this isn't a setting that can be changed, there is an automatic time-out for programs being paused (this applies both to ondemand and live/recorded programming).

Is there somewhere I can give feedback about this? It’s t...

areim5
Grasshopper

Is there somewhere I can give feedback about this? It’s the most frustrating thing about my shaw box. I’ll pause a show to have a conversation or make food or whatever and it’ll go back to live TV. I don’t understand the purpose. 

-- I’ll pause a show to have a conversation or make food...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@areim5 -- I’ll pause a show to have a conversation or make food or whatever and it’ll go back to live TV.

Whatever program you were watching has ended, and you are seeing the next program on that channel. Press "record" before pressing "pause".

> Is there somewhere I can give feedback about this?

Yes, while reading this, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink.

This 10 minutes limit on pausing live TV and recordings a...

Hack
Grasshopper

This 10 minutes limit on pausing live TV and recordings and then flipping back to whatever is on at that moment on your guide is absolutely ridiculous and frustrating. Absolutely one of the most preposterous designs in this entire blue curve system. I very recently upgraded to this from an old PVR and I absolutely regret it completely! Shaw you need to talk to your customers about what really is important. I could list at least 10 things right now that pretty much disgust me about this system. I would love to get out of this entire contract and switch to Telus or just about anybody else. I could go on and on.... Just flat-out disgusted.

This is a horrible setting, or lack thereof. I pause the...

KDeon
Grasshopper

This is a horrible setting, or lack thereof. I pause the TV when my phone rings and all of a sudden the TV starts blaring mid conversation. I am thankful that I don't lose my spot as my previous provider, Bell does not allow you to go back to the same spot; however, the noise is disruptive. If you pause something the whole TV should be paused. Period. 

I also find the inability to change this difficult as someone with a disability that effects focus and concentration. The interruption mid phone call means I have to struggle to find the remote and figure out what happened while on the phone. This is unacceptable. 

I agree! This feature needs to be changed.

MissNikki87
Grasshopper

I agree! This feature needs to be changed.

Still a problem. I'm recently back from Telus and I reall...

Greg1982
Grasshopper

Still a problem. I'm recently back from Telus and I really liked that Telus did not do this. Never did Telus put me to live TV. PLEASE FIX. 

0 Kudos

-- after that 10 minutes, when you have returned to live...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Greg1982 -- after that 10 minutes, when you have returned to live TV, select Shaw On Demand, and select the program that you were watching. The program will resume at the point that you "paused" it.  Also, within Shaw On Demand, you have 24 hours to watch, and to re-watch many times, at no additional cost.

0 Kudos

The problem I have with it is I pause the TV to be quiet...

Greg1982
Grasshopper

The problem I have with it is I pause the TV to be quiet not because I want some other random show to start up. Finding the recording is not a issue. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help