Jump to solution

Thanks but that doesn’t work. I’m trying on my phone and...

KristiR
Grasshopper

Thanks but that doesn’t work. I’m trying on my phone and on an Apple TV. It tries to authenticate but then says I’m not subscribed. I deleted and reinstalled the app on the AppleTV but that didn’t help. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- It tries to authenticate but then says I’m not subscri...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KristiR -- It tries to authenticate but then says I’m not subscribed.

When you submit your Shaw ID & password to that TV company's web-site, they send that information to Shaw, to ask Shaw to check your Shaw Account, to see if you are subscribed to that TV channel within your "Limited TV" subscription. If Shaw INCORRECTLY sends a "not subscribed" response, you get the error-message that you have reported.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (www.shaw.ca/chat) or 1-888-472-2222 to get them to check that their database has the correct entitlements.

Re-installing the app will not update Shaw's database.

Jump to solution

Thank you! I did chat with them yesterday for quite awhil...

KristiR
Grasshopper

Thank you! I did chat with them yesterday for quite awhile and they said they couldn’t do anything and to try these boards. I will try again tomorrow and if it doesn’t work I will take another run at their technical support and see if I can get anywhere 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Are you able to login to the web page instead of the apps...

rstra
Grand Master

@KristiR Are you able to login to the web page instead of the apps? Are you sure your username and password are correct, can you login to my.shaw.ca?

Jump to solution

I was just able to log in on the computer to Global but i...

KristiR
Grasshopper

I was just able to log in on the computer to Global but it still won't allow me on my apps. Yes I can log into Shaw so I know it's the right info. It accepts it and tries to authenticate and then says I don't have that channel. I'm logged into CityTV and CTV just fine, it's only Global giving me grief.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- they said they couldn’t do anything  Sigh. They should...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KristiR -- they said they couldn’t do anything 

Sigh. They should have consulted their shift-manager, and they should have checked your authorizations for Global TV, and "refreshed" (or "re-provisioned") them, so that queries from Global's web-site get the CORRECT response from Shaw.

Or, while reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, and fill it in, to get a response from Shaw.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for all the help! I’ve gotten through to someone m...

KristiR
Grasshopper

Thanks for all the help! I’ve gotten through to someone much more helpful. Apparently Global is very persnickety about their app and I don’t have an expensive enough plan with Shaw to grant me full access. I only have a very basic plan and therefore very basic app access. So I cannot sign in and watch older episodes only the one current one. 

Jump to solution

-- I only have a very basic plan, and therefore very basi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KristiR -- I only have a very basic plan, and therefore very basic app access [to Global].

Unfortunate for you, but good that you found the "truth", and good to know, as responses for future similar questions on this forum.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have had the same issue and it's been months.  I just s...

Bunhead
Grasshopper

I have had the same issue and it's been months.  I just set it up with Telus on my parent's computer and TV and there were issues.  I have called Shaw multiple times and spent hours on this issue.  They say it's the app and it's not the app.  It's Shaw's issue!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sorry, there "weren't" issues with Telus.

Bunhead
Grasshopper

Sorry, there "weren't" issues with Telus.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help