I just noticed the prices for Sportsnet TSN theme packs

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

They have gone up from $15 each to $16 each.....Telus Optik TV on the other have still have the same theme packs TSN & Beyond & Sportsnet & Beyond theme packs....same channels in each theme pack as Shaw, but only still at $8 each.....just saying

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

- $16 for TSN or Sportsnet is way too much. - you can get...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

- $16/month for TSN or Sportsnet is way too much.
- you can get both for $25/month ( https://www.shaw.ca/tv/programming/channels/premium ) which is still too much but at least it's a bit cheaper. I'm only paying $40/month for the entire Total TV package so paying $25/month for just the TSN and Sportsnet channels sounds ridiculous.

0 Kudos

-- note that Shaw's Basic TV, for $25/month, includes TSN...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CoffeeLover909 -- note that Shaw's Basic TV, for $25/month, includes TSN1 and SportsNet (Pacific).  Included. Not $16 (plus taxes).

Given the current shortage of "live" sports, do you really need TSN 2/3/4/5 and SportsNet World?

On BlueCurve TV, all of the channels are included.

So, are you on some "grandfathered" plan, where additional "packs" can be added?

0 Kudos

Actually I do have the Basic tv (Limited tv) for $25 but...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Actually I do have the Basic tv (Limited tv) for $25 but for some reason I don't have the Sportsnet Pacific or TSN 1 included in it....once this whole COVID 19 thing goes away it would be nice to get sports ....but it's even too bad Shaw doesn't offer Sportsnet Pacific or TSN 1 as pick & pay channels because who needs a whole Sportsnet pack or TSN theme pack?

0 Kudos

Limited TV does not include those channels.

rstra
Grand Master

Limited TV does not include those channels. 

Yes that's right...I do know with the old Digital Classic...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Yes that's right...I do know with the old Digital Classic tv package they did but not with Limited tv (or the $25 Basic tv)

0 Kudos

-- does not include those channels According to the Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- does not include those channels

According to the Shaw web-site that I checked, before posting, those channels (5 & 23) are included, at least in my region, in the Limited TV package.

0 Kudos

Weird. They aren’t mandated channels and aren’t included...

rstra
Grand Master

Weird. They aren’t mandated channels and aren’t included on this list and my brother doesn’t get them as part of his limited tv package in Victoria. 

0 Kudos

Yes I do have Limited tv month to month (here in Vancouve...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Yes I do have Limited tv month to month (here in Vancouver) & curious if the Basic tv (for $25) is just the same as Limited tv? Is it just called Basic tv once on awhile or is it a different tv package perhaps a older package...that's what I'm.wondering about.....plus the fact that Shaw charges basically twice as much for the Sportsnet & TSN theme packs than Telus us what is puzzling.....& chatting with a Shaw agent online they said the prices are set by Shaw's head office.....plus they only come in theme packs not pick & pay.... because with the prices Shaw charges, not (for me anyways) worth to subscribe to.thrm....it would be nice if you want to watch hockey or baseball when it comes back on....but I wouldn't pay the amount Shaw charges

0 Kudos

Actually, Basic looks like the non BlueCurve equivalent o...

rstra
Grand Master

Actually, Basic looks like the non BlueCurve equivalent of Total TV, and I doubt it is $25 a month. 

My brother was able to add Sportsnet with Golf to Limited TV for $15 a month.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help