Ignite recording hidden controls

IMUseful
Grasshopper

Had an issue that recordings selected both singularly and series we not recording. Help menu and online help both useless. Call Roger’s and got redirected to Shaw ( not quite together yet it seems) and got a reboot and no other help. Pissed enough to tell them I’m going to Telus and come get their crap. I’ll discuss my remote and what I found….

If I select Rogers button, then Saved, then Scheduled, If I scroll down 1, it jumps down to my first recording, over the View bar. The shows can then be edited under Record Options, but if you go to Series Info, if you look to the right, there will be a + or a checkmark. This will add or remove shows from your list. It may be coincidence but it seems at times this can impact whether shows record or not.
If I scroll back up in the Recording list, then I’m able to access the View bar. If I go over to Series Priority and select it, I can arrange priorities. But there’s more!  If I scroll down to a show and use my “i” button next to my remote’s mic button, I can get to that same screen where I can edit ALL shows even seasonal ones, that will not show in the Recording list.
Once again, if a show is in My List, I can select it and edit recording options there.  Wish they would add the option to be able to directly add a show to My List when setting up a series to record, rather than having to go in to these menus afterwards to get it there.

What I’m trying to figure out is how to sort New vs Repeat for the channel, vs New vs Repeat for my recordings going forward. Lost all history when switched boxes, which seems poor for Rogers who deal with phone changeovers thousands of times a day. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

wrote Lost all history when switched boxes ... Did you sw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@IMUseful wrote Lost all history when switched boxes ...

Did you switch from one generation of hardware to the next, e.g., Shaw Gateway HDPVR to their current XiOne/Xi6 box, or did Shaw replace one XiOne/Xi6 by another XiOne/Xi6 ?

0 Kudos

Yes switched from Shaw blue curve pvr to XiOne. slowly ge...

IMUseful
Grasshopper

Yes switched from Shaw blue curve pvr to XiOne.

slowly getting shows set to record. May be wrong but biggest pain is if I’m set to new shows only of a series, and then hit record on an old episode of it, it will not record because the “new only” setting overrides my manual record selection. You have to make sure you select new and old if it’s a repeat show

0 Kudos

I hate the option of record series never can record on th...

mydale
Grasshopper

I hate the option of record series never can record on the channel I want seems to default to American Networks. Only shows options for channels SD, 4K UHD preferred, HD preferred. SD preferred. Happens if the show is on both American Networks and Canadian Networks.Only works for the channel I want if I set it to just this episode. 

0 Kudos

Ok I figured it out have been using ignite since Feb..tak...

mydale
Grasshopper

Ok I figured it out have been using ignite since Feb..takes  awhile to sort out the record options. But other then that it has been good so far.

0 Kudos