Jump to solution

Ignite tv app

JulianT
Grasshopper

Over the past couple of days I’ve noticed the ignite tv app cast function will not stay open on my iPad but it works fine on my iPhone, support chat were less than helpful as usual and said check with google or it’s your iPad, uhmm if it works on the iPhone but not the iPad then it must be err an issue with the app on iPads, just tried it on another iPad, doesn’t work both iPhone and iPad are 17.5.1 or whatever the latest IOS is, downloaded just now, restarted still doesn’t stay open airplay connects but that’s crap as the audio is borked maybe that’s the app too. Any one else have the same issue?id upload a screen recording if I could but this forum doesn’t handle .mp4’s

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I too am having the same problem with Ignite TV app on iP...

TomMB
Grasshopper

I too am having the same problem with Ignite TV app on iPad with OS 17.5.1 - cast menu opens and immediately closes. Works fine on my iPhone and cast menu works fine with other apps on my iPad (NetFlix, Prime). Shaw needs to investigate.

Update: Found in an Xfinity forum that Xfinity users were having the same issue with iPad cast menu on their Xfinity TV app and one user reported accidentally finding an interim fix that worked for me as well:

Interim Solution:  I use my iPad in landscape orientation but when I rotate to portrait the cast menu will stay open & I can select a device to cast to & it connects & works. After cast connecting is initiated (I didn’t have to wait for the connection to finish being setup) I can rotate back to landscape & use the rest of the features of the Ignite TV app. When I finish watching a show and with the iPad still in landscape orientation the cast menu will stay open when selected and I can select Stop Casting. Once disconnected from the device the cast menu then reverts to its previous immediately closing behavior but you can once again rotate to portrait to get the menu to stay open to connect to a device. Hope this works for others until Shaw fixes this issue.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Jump to solution

Having the same issue - 2 iPads where the casting button...

LawrieB
Grasshopper

Having the same issue - 2 iPads where the casting button won’t stay open long enough to select the TV through Chromecast. No issues with either iPhone being able to cast. Same response from Support, along with the comment that no one else has reported the issue, clearly not true given that I reported today and your exchange was with them yesterday. All other casting options off iPads - Netflix, Britbox, etc are fine so it’s clearly an Ignite TV app issue. 

Jump to solution

I’ve also reported this issue on the App Store. thinking...

JulianT
Grasshopper

I’ve also reported this issue on the App Store.

thinking about it over the last day this is not the only thing that doesn’t work with the App that I’ve reported, you cannot change the bane of your device in the app, allegedly you can change the name of your device ( in the app) but there’s no where to change it, if you go to system settings in iPad change your iPad ( or iPhone) name, the app doesn’t reflect the change, must be picking up the device type and not it’s name from somewhere in IOS. Poor testing guys get it together instead of blaming some else (google for chrome cast or apple for device name being in the wrong place)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Maybe going into the Home Connect app and removing the de...

rstra
Grand Master

@JulianT  Maybe going into the Home Connect app and removing the device will help.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I’m not at home right now so I’m going to try it on a dif...

JulianT
Grasshopper

I’m not at home right now so I’m going to try it on a different router, don’t hold yer breath

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

As I suspected, hope you didn’t turn blue holding your br...

JulianT
Grasshopper

As I suspected, hope you didn’t turn blue holding your breath, it’s the same

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just as a matter of interest, why would removing the devi...

JulianT
Grasshopper

Just as a matter of interest, why would removing the device stop the cast part of the app working. It opens to choose the device to cast to, the immediately closes, making the cast potion of the app totally useless, up until last week, oh wait there was an app update last week, it worked, flakey but it worked, flakey as in I used to be able to cast from my phone for example, go get in the car, drive to the store, far and away from my router, do grocery shopping, app isn’t running on my phone, return home and hey presto I still have the playing on my tv, I don’t have a Shaw box connected to that particular tv….. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I too am having the same problem with Ignite TV app on iP...

TomMB
Grasshopper

I too am having the same problem with Ignite TV app on iPad with OS 17.5.1 - cast menu opens and immediately closes. Works fine on my iPhone and cast menu works fine with other apps on my iPad (NetFlix, Prime). Shaw needs to investigate.

Update: Found in an Xfinity forum that Xfinity users were having the same issue with iPad cast menu on their Xfinity TV app and one user reported accidentally finding an interim fix that worked for me as well:

Interim Solution:  I use my iPad in landscape orientation but when I rotate to portrait the cast menu will stay open & I can select a device to cast to & it connects & works. After cast connecting is initiated (I didn’t have to wait for the connection to finish being setup) I can rotate back to landscape & use the rest of the features of the Ignite TV app. When I finish watching a show and with the iPad still in landscape orientation the cast menu will stay open when selected and I can select Stop Casting. Once disconnected from the device the cast menu then reverts to its previous immediately closing behavior but you can once again rotate to portrait to get the menu to stay open to connect to a device. Hope this works for others until Shaw fixes this issue.

Jump to solution

Thanks. This worked.

david_hanley
Grasshopper

Thanks. This worked.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That worked for me as well, after spending hours trying t...

JulianT
Grasshopper

That worked for me as well, after spending hours trying to resolve it.

goodness knows why Shaw, on this forum or their chat agents and the Devs on the App Store don’t read or listen to other users who have found a work around, all of try to blame “third party” devices so it’s out of their scope.

pathetic really..

0 Kudos