Jump to solution

Hi, I have several of these IPCOAM showing up in my "mana...

Ziggy66
Grasshopper

Hi, I have several of these IPCOAM showing up in my "manage devices" section. Can I delete them? Will it affect viewing in any way?

Jump to solution

I've been deleting them and haven't seen any impact to my...

pat-carm
Grasshopper

I've been deleting them and haven't seen any impact to my TV services.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just checked mine now and I have 16 of these IpCoam ent...

Lesrae
Grasshopper

I just checked mine now and I have 16 of these IpCoam entries. They really shouldn't be showing up as it causes confusion as to how many devices you have using BlueCurve.  I have no cameras, and use only one device. I do hope you are able to remove them from showing up in future. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

oh Hi Grasshopper, i have the same thing, i had about 30...

nerak
Grasshopper

oh Hi Grasshopper, i have the same thing, i had about 30 of them and deleted all of them now they are back again (5 of them) just going to delete them. I also have no home security cameras., thanks for sharing your experience.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I love responses like these to unknown situations. "I don...

TastyChimera
Grasshopper

I love responses like these to unknown situations. "I don't know what it is, but I don't like it so I get rid of it every day. Even though I have no clue what I'm doing."

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

To be fair, these responses and actions wouldn't be neces...

Texberta
Grasshopper

To be fair, these responses and actions wouldn't be necessary if SHAW could respond with more than just a generic response (OR FIX THE ISSUE).

The fact that I know that I am the only one in my family who uses the bluecurve app, it can be disconcerting when logging into "MyShaw" and see 103 ACTIVE devices and 99 of them have the "IPcoam" device identifiers. At the very least it would be nice to have some sort of date/time information associated with these "tokens", visible in the device management section.

Maybe it's as simple as there's a "minor" coding flaw in the system that is registering login tokens as a "new" device every time a user logs into the bluecurve app, regardless of whether or not the user is using the same or different registered mobile device.

Maybe the Shaw system is logging these as new devices each time based on which internet network the user connects to. (ie  the user is accessing the internet via a home network during one use and maybe the next time they use it they are using Cell Data network or internet at another home).

Maybe it's an issue with people having a VPN running on their mobile device and Shaw's system considers that a new device, each time.

Or MAYBE, just maybe, log in information has been compromised and from a security standpoint...it would be nice to know!
(but let's not get into the laws that shield ISP's and others from having to immediately report breaches into their systems)

Removing devices that are on/accessing your network that you DO NOT recognize is NOT a harmful practice. Re-registering a device you have control over is a small inconvenience compared to allowing UNKNOWN entities from using/accessing your network and information. 

Jump to solution

-- see 103 ACTIVE devices  Do you have a newer iPhone? By...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Texberta -- see 103 ACTIVE devices 

Do you have a newer iPhone? By default, everytime that it connects to the Shaw router, it sends a unique MAC-address.

This causes the router to assign a new IP-address each time (103 times?).

It is a "security" feature, so that your MAC-address cannot be tracked to every hot-spot to which you connect.

But, on the iPhone, you can disable this feature, so that the iPhone always sends the identical MAC-address, and the router repeatedly assigns the identical IP-address.

Jump to solution

No Iphone. I do use an ipad mini (at least 3 yrs old) and...

Texberta
Grasshopper

No Iphone. I do use an ipad mini (at least 3 yrs old) and my Asus Laptop. Typically I'm only using them when in another province. 

That said, I think it is highly likely that the IPcoam identifiers showing up as active devices are login tokens. In my case I probably generate more because I am typically using the app/web portal while on an ISP other than Shaw.
I also wonder if these IPcoam identifiers could be appearing as a result of sometimes logging into  TSN/Sportsnet Now  live broadcasts using my Shaw credentials.

If I am able to get confirmation on that, my mind would be a little more at ease.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have 12 of these IpCoam devices listed against my accou...

debrajackson
Grasshopper

I have 12 of these IpCoam devices listed against my account.

I use the app on my Samsung tablet, two laptops and one desktop computer at work.

I have one TV at home.

Why would these be showing up on my account?

Please tell me exactly what they are. Backend file? What's that?

You say they shouldn't show up, so can you tell me why they are there?

Jump to solution

I have same issue.. 14 of there IpCoam Devices in my list...

daniel6350
Grasshopper

I have same issue.. 14 of there IpCoam Devices in my list of authorized devices. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help