Jump to solution

I do not have ANY blue curve devices on my account, yet t...

cgates
Grasshopper

I do not have ANY blue curve devices on my account, yet this showed up on my device list. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It doesn’t have to be BlueCurve to show up on the device...

rstra
Grand Master

@cgates 

It doesn’t have to be BlueCurve to show up on the device list. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I figured out how to deal with the inept people at Shaw,...

Mark7007
Grasshopper

I figured out how to deal with the inept people at Shaw, I am cancelling my account since they can’t figure out how to fix the IpCoam problem that MANY of us are suffering from, as well as charging me for Crave for what appears to be YEARS! I am a senior and not very tech savvy, my grandson got me hooked up to this site and I realized that the 3 month offer does not end at the end of the 3 months, it’s up to the customer to cancel it...very slimy. And as far as the snarky comment that “a horse is just a horse” should read we at Shaw Cable are just a bunch of “horses asses”, so pay your bill, ( which is based on “negative billing practices” ) and don’t expect any customer service to go with it. Bring on Telus. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just found 71. Yes, I said 71.  2 of them had device na...

leannet
Grasshopper

I just found 71. Yes, I said 71. 
2 of them had device names but all the others say IpCoam-(Their code) and others say IpCoamDevice-(code).
All but 2 are getting deleted I guess.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I delighted all the IPcoam and found that my smart tv had...

dennyjet9
Grasshopper

I delighted all the IPcoam and found that my smart tv had lost the Bluecurve app.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I logged into my account to a whopping 260 "active device...

steppi
Grasshopper

I logged into my account to a whopping 260 "active devices", tried talking to tech support, it has been an hour and the guy has no clue so I decided to google and found this post. Glad to see that 2 years later the problem has still not been resolved.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What problem are you experiencing?

rstra
Grand Master

@steppi  What problem are you experiencing?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>> I logged into my account to a whopping 260 "active dev...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>> I logged into my account to a whopping 260 "active devices"

After 2 years, Shaw has apparently not solved the problem, which would prevent the creation of those entries.

@steppi -- do you have a filter on the incoming line (from the nearest telephone pole) to block IP-over-COAX traffic emitting from your neighbours' boxes?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I had 87 of these. I deleted one, and now, reading this,...

sowelu66
Grasshopper

I had 87 of these. I deleted one, and now, reading this, I'm worried I've done something wrong..

*Exactly* what do they do? I have deleted them all in the past, but they keep coming back.

Do they come from linking in to different Shaw Open spots?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Do they come from linking in to different ShawOpen spo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sowelu66 -- Do they come from linking in to different ShawOpen spots?

No. IPCOAM is Internet Protocol over CO-axial Media -- not related to any WiFi connections, such as ShawOpen.

Your device creates each entry in order to connect to your "satellite" devices (TV boxes in other rooms that are connected to a coaxial-cable socket in the room).

Why they reproduce like Tribbles on Star Trek is an interesting observation.   🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help