Jump to solution

is some of tv channels such as Global, CTV and CityTV disappearing for good on Shaw on Demand?

Stefie
Grasshopper

Last night I was able to watch a tv show episodes that the pvr for some reason did not record.  today, I went on Shaw on-Demand/tv  and noticed a lot of channels are not on the list .. channels such as global, ctv, citytv, and hgtv ... are they disappearing for good?  and if so, what is it that is being replaced with?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

They are all showing on BlueCurve.

rstra
Grand Master

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello Stefie,   Those channels except for HGTV are includ...

shaw-don

Hello Stefie,

Those channels except for HGTV are included in pretty much all cable packages, so if they are not currently showing up or showing with a message such as Not Subscribed, it would be best to contact us https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us as your digital box may just need to be refreshed. 

Jump to solution

yah turns out that I needed to refresh my old tv box .. i...

Stefie
Grasshopper

yah turns out that I needed to refresh my old tv box .. it came back ... was weird though .. first time it happened to me.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

you are right .. I did do a refresh on my box ... its bac...

Stefie
Grasshopper

you are right .. I did do a refresh on my box ... its back ... it was weird that it happened that way.  Thank you for responding 🙂

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

rstra
Grand Master

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

hi  , no problems here in burnaby bc for vod on regular o...

g-idk
Master

hi @Stefie , no problems here in burnaby bc for vod on regular old cable.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello Stefie,   Those channels except for HGTV are includ...

shaw-don

Hello Stefie,

Those channels except for HGTV are included in pretty much all cable packages, so if they are not currently showing up or showing with a message such as Not Subscribed, it would be best to contact us https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us as your digital box may just need to be refreshed. 

Jump to solution

yah turns out that I needed to refresh my old tv box .. i...

Stefie
Grasshopper

yah turns out that I needed to refresh my old tv box .. it came back ... was weird though .. first time it happened to me.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

you are right .. I did do a refresh on my box ... its bac...

Stefie
Grasshopper

you are right .. I did do a refresh on my box ... its back ... it was weird that it happened that way.  Thank you for responding 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have Total TV with VOD; however, I can NOT access any c...

Avril57
Grasshopper

I have Total TV with VOD; however, I can NOT access any channels on VOD -- I get a message saying I need to subscribe.  I do not like this Blue Curve system; my old Shaw package included all VOD channels that I had access to.  I could watch old episodes whenever I wanted without having to "subscribe" or pay anything extra it was included in my package.  I am not happy with Blue Curve and Total TV -- it is a rip off if I have to subscribe to get access to VOD for channels that I already pay for.  I spent over 2 1/2 hours on the phone last night and got bumped back and forth between technical and billing.  Spoke to probably 5 or 6 different people.  No one could solve the problem or give me an answer as to why I could not access VOD for channels that I am already paying for.  Not happy with this new plan and equipment -- want my old equipment and plan back.  Or someone to fix it so that I have the same features without additional cost.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP !!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Are you able to access VOD through the BlueCurve TV app?...

rstra
Grand Master

@Avril57 

Are you able to access VOD through the BlueCurve TV app?

Try going to my.shaw.ca, select My Services > TV and click on Refresh my channel listings.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I was able to acces VOD through the app -- but it was ask...

Avril57
Grasshopper

I was able to acces VOD through the app -- but it was asking me to subscribe to channels that I already have access through Total TV.  I finally got through to a Shaw Agent this morning -- LISA.  She took about 10 minutes behind the scene and fixed my access -- I now have proper access to VOD -- all channels that I have on Total TV and all shows and episodes.  Thank God for LISA -- she is the one who fixed the problem -- whoever she is -- she needs to get KUDOS for figuring out what was wrong and fixing it.  The people I spoke to one ht ephone last night for over 2 1/2 hrs could not get it fixed -- LISA fixed it in record time this morning.  Whoo Hoo -- it even works properly on my tablet using Shaw app !!!  

TALK TO US
We're here to help