January Free Previews

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Can't find the complete list anywhere but I did find out by accident that The Fight Network ( channel 149 here in Vancouver ) is currently on a Free Preview. Since they take so long to update the " News and Free Previews " page hopefully somebody from SHAW can tell us the rest of the free previews for January right here. 

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Re: January Free Previews

shaw-tony

Hey bostonbob,

Looks like The Fight Network's free preview ends tomorrow January 3rd. It was likely removed from our page a little early in error. I will forward this feedback to our online content team. Our page here has the most up to date information available. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Tony - I sure hope that it doesn't end on the 3rd as it never once even appeared on the " News and Free Previews " page. Seriously - the people that run that page should be replaced immediately as they are always late in updating the page and sometimes ( like maybe in this case ) don't even list some channels that are available. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

I am very sorry for the experience. I have forwarded off your feedback to them as it is important to keep the page up to date so you can enjoy more free content when they are available.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Tony - maybe the Free Preview on SHAW doesn't actually end on the 3rd. I saw over on another site ( Digital Home ) about a month ago that The Fight Network was on a Free Preview on some other cable companies from November 29th to December 31st. I checked channel 149 at that time and again a few weeks ago and it wasn't coming through then so I don't think SHAW was offering it during the same period as those other cable companies. But those people running the " News and Free Previews " page really do need to be much better at updating that page. Just last month I had to tell Tamara that they needed to include " Hollywood Suite " as part of the Free Previews for December which they finally did a week later.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

And The Fight Network is gone.  Great job SHAW.......great job. 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Well at least they updated the " News and Free Previews " page a lot more quickly this time - hopefully they managed to list every channel that is actually available. As it is - there are very slim pickings as far as Free Previews for January:

- Z ( French ) available from January 1st to January 28th

- Canal Vie ( French ) available from January 1st to January 28th

- Documentary Channel available from January 31st to March 5th

The other Free Previews that are still going on are:

- Hollywood Suite ( all 4 channels ) available until January 8th

- History available until January 31st

- ABC Spark available until January 31st

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

They just added a couple more Free Previews to the list:

- Crave 1 available January 11th to January 14th

- HBO Canada available January 11th to January 14th

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

bostonbob wrote:

They just added a couple more Free Previews to the list:

- Crave 1 available January 11th to January 14th

- HBO Canada available January 11th to January 14th

The Crave 1 and HBO Canada Free Previews will run from Friday ( 8 am ) to Monday ( 8 am ).

Premiere of TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Anchors Crave Free Preview Weekend, Jan. 11-14 – Bell Media 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

And once again the people in charge of updating the " News and Free Previews " screwed things up. They just updated the page today to include Discovery Velocity which was actually on a nationwide Free Preview starting on January 1st. Anyway - this Free Preview runs from January 1st ( or from January 19th according to the Einsteins who can't seem to get SHAW's Free Previews straight ) until February 7th. Come on SHAW - get your act together. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help