Local ads are cutting into programming airtime on Fox News channel

Bliggick
Grasshopper

I've noticed an annoying occurrence on Fox News channel (142) since the start of 2022. Bare in mind that this is not a basic cable channel, but a premium channel that I have to pay extra for each month. No matter what time of day or what program I am watching on that channel at about the 48 minute mark there is a commercial break. What happens next there are the usual American commercials for My Pillow or whatever then after a bunch of those there is a Canadian commercial tacked on the end, often for Global TV BC. The problem is this is cutting into the Fox programs' airtime and I have to play catch up and try and figure out what they are talking about when the commercial is over. This is rude and getting very annoying since I'm paying extra for this channel. Do you think we wouldn't notice? If this happened during Jeopardy you would never see the Final Jeopardy answer/question. If there is going to be a local commercial why not put it over some American product commercial that has no market value in Canada? This shouldn't be too difficult for a "Communications Company" if they care about customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- while reading this reply, scroll-down and click the "Y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bliggick -- while reading this reply, scroll-down and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink (it's under the ABOUT column-heading), and communicate your issue directly with Shaw.

Some contributors on this discussion forum indicate that Shaw is at the "mercy" of COMCAST, who do all the programming of the cable-boxes. I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

0 Kudos

This could be caused by local insertion, either from the...

rstra
Grand Master

This could be caused by local insertion, either from the Canadian distributor of Fox News, or the cable provider. I have seen pretty bad examples of that when watching our local Global TV affiliate, but never to the extent that it cut into programming. I wonder if that could be caused by the difference between Canada and the US in the minutes per hour of commercials. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help