Me TV

lcoulombe
Grasshopper

Is or will 'Me TV' become available on Shaw or in Canada? 🤔

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Vancouver has had MeTV ( KVOS out of Seattle ) for as lon...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Vancouver has had MeTV ( KVOS out of Seattle ) for as long as I can remember.

0 Kudos

-- availability of MeTV may be dependent on where you liv...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lcoulombe -- availability of MeTV may be dependent on where you live.

On a Shaw web-site, click "Download TV plans chart". 

In my region, I see this regional (Bellingham/Seattle) channel listed in both the "Limited TV" and "Total TV" packages.

0 Kudos

Are you to watch MeTV? Fir some reason it is not availabl...

Janrob
Grasshopper

Are you to watch MeTV? Fir some reason it is not available for me...message says “problem at our end”. Has been saying that for weeks now

0 Kudos

I just checked and it's coming in fine for me here on cha...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@Janrob wrote:

Are you to watch MeTV? Fir some reason it is not available for me...message says “problem at our end”. Has been saying that for weeks now

I just checked and it's coming in fine for me here on channel 30 in Vancouver. If you've had that message for weeks you should definitely call SHAW tech support and see what they can do. You could also give your cable box a quick reboot yourself - just unplug the power cord from the cable box, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. It will take a few minutes for everything to reboot ( especially the guide ) so don't do this if you have something that you want to record coming up in the next 10 to 15 minutes.

0 Kudos

-- have you subscribed to "Limited TV" in the last 2 or 3...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lcoulombe -- have you subscribed to "Limited TV" in the last 2 or 3 months? If so, METV is not included.

The "grandfathered" subscribers to "Limited TV" are allowed to keep watching METV.

Are you in the Greater Vancouver (or South Vancouver Island) region, where KVOS is available "over-the-air" ? If so, then it is a "regional" channel that is available on other TV plans.  If you live in Alberta, you'll have to pay extra to add that channel.

Or, add an external TV antenna, and connect it to one of the inputs on your TV, and view its "over-the-air" free broadcast.

0 Kudos

I am a Canadian, whom enjoys viewing MeTV, so I hope that...

DaveGeo2
Grasshopper

I am a Canadian, whom enjoys viewing MeTV, so I hope that Shaw Canada, shall continue to broadcast cast MeTV Network, to people here in British Columbia, Canada where I live.

MeTV is still part of the Total and Limited TV channel li...

rstra
Grand Master

MeTV is still part of the Total and Limited TV channel lineups so I don’t think it is going away anytime soon. 

0 Kudos