Missing subtitles on Netflix

Feissling
Grasshopper

Hi all

I have Shaw BlueCurve TV and like watching Netflix through the Shaw box / integration. Unfortunately I'm having issues with subtitles... about 20%-30% of the lines are just missing. Sometimes they appear for a split second (impossible to read), sometimes there's just nothing until the next sentence. It's really hard to understand what's going on. If I watch the same show on my laptop through the Netflix app, it's fine and all lines are there. But as soon as I watch through BlueCurve, I have the issue again. 

I tried switching my subtitles font size to small. This seems to help (I get about 90% of the lines), but is still not perfect and very hard to read as it's really small. 

Anyone have any idea what the issue is and what else I could try? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Were you watching Unorthodox? I noticed that many of the...

rstra
Grand Master

Were you watching Unorthodox? I noticed that many of the subtitles were missing or went off before I had a chance to finish reading them. 

0 Kudos

No, it was Rookie Historian. Unorthodox is on my to-watch...

Feissling
Grasshopper

No, it was Rookie Historian. Unorthodox is on my to-watch list though, so sad to hear I will have the same issue there. 

0 Kudos

Make sure you watch it on a Netflix app other than the Bl...

rstra
Grand Master

Make sure you watch it on a Netflix app other than the BlueCurve version. Could you let me know how the subtitles are after you watch?

0 Kudos

It's fine on the Netflix app. But I have Blue Curve for w...

Feissling
Grasshopper

It's fine on the Netflix app. But I have Blue Curve for watching it directly, so I want it to work on that... If the integration doesn't work, what's the point?

0 Kudos

That’s true, I just didn’t want you to miss out because t...

rstra
Grand Master

That’s true, I just didn’t want you to miss out because the speak a lot of Yiddish. 

Hopefully a @shaw-tony mod will see this post. 

Ah! That's nice of you, thanks!

Feissling
Grasshopper

Ah! That's nice of you, thanks!

Having exactly the same issue. If I watch Netflix shows o...

Stevester87
Grasshopper

Having exactly the same issue. If I watch Netflix shows on Shaw bluesky app they are missing every 5th or 6th line of closed captioning. But same show on my phone works perfectly. So it's the Shaw version. Please help

0 Kudos

Hey  did you see this thread? There is something definite...

rstra
Grand Master

Hey @shaw-tony did you see this thread? There is something definitely wrong with the the BlueCurve Netflix app and subtitles.

TALK TO US
We're here to help