New problem with periodic 5 second looping

MSlavin54
Grasshopper

Something weird just started happening a few days ago. As my wife and I were watching a show on one of the lower channels (I think 109) the picture would just freeze and loop approximately the last 5 seconds. It doesn't stop. When I change to another channel and go back to the original all I get is a black screen with the dots blinking. Sometimes I get a message telling me that "Something went wrong...." (Really Sherlock?)

After a few minutes everything starts working properly. The other night this went on for nearly an hour.

Rather than call technical support because they are basically useless, I did everything they would tell me to do anyways. Reboot the modem, unplug and restart the Bluecurve boxes, blah blah blah etc.

Am I the only one experiencing this or is a common occurrence?

Labels (1)
13 Replies

I haven’t experienced this problem, but there is this pos...

rstra
Grand Master

@MSlavin54  I haven’t experienced this problem, but there is this post that seems similar.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/local-stations-going-off-air/td-p/61812

I’ve had this same issue for about 5 months. I’ve been in...

Chongkel60
Grasshopper

I’ve had this same issue for about 5 months. I’ve been in contact with a Shaw technician via phone call and I had a technician come to my home. Still having issues. I just chatted with a Shaw tech again and they are aware of this looping issue and they are hard at work trying to fix. It’s a stream/ feed issue and not the cable box. 

0 Kudos

I found a way of temporarily stopping it. When it starts...

MSlavin54
Grasshopper

I found a way of temporarily stopping it. When it starts happening hit the "Skip Back" button. Let it run until the next commercial break then "Skip Forward" back to live tv. 

0 Kudos

-- in another thread on this discussion forum, another by...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MSlavin54 -- in another thread on this discussion forum, another bypass has been suggested, namely to switch to any channel above 200, and then use the "previous channel" button to return.

I don't have the BlueCurve TV box, so I cannot confirm if this works.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same exact problem. Plus my internet keeps...

LW67
Grasshopper

I'm having the same exact problem. Plus my internet keeps disconnecting. 

0 Kudos

-- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LW67 -- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

My internet keeps disconnecting. 

Other than the obvious:

1. tighten the ends of the coaxial-cable between your cable-modem and your wall-outlet;
  2. replace that coaxial-cable;
  3. replace the Ethernet cable between your cable-modem and your computer;
  4. get Shaw to replace the cable-modem;

your issue cannot be resolved within this forum.  Instead, contact Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222] and get the Agent to remotely login to your cable-modem, to view the "signal strength" reaching the cable-modem, because weak signal-strength might be the cause of your issue. It might be necessary for the Agent to schedule a "site-visit" to do more trouble-shooting.

Doesn't always work. More often than not, I do a box refr...

BJM
Grasshopper

@mdk Doesn't always work. More often than not, I do a box refresh.

0 Kudos

-- see my suggestion from 6 days ago, which is above, whi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BJM -- see my suggestion from 6 days ago, which is above, which includes replacing the cable-modem, and/or scheduling a technician to do a "site-visit".

0 Kudos

Before my original post, I had everything replaced. New m...

MSlavin54
Grasshopper

Before my original post, I had everything replaced. New modem and bluecurve boxes. A tech came out previous to that to check the lines and the signal strength was low. He installed an amplifier to the line into the house which helped a bit. He said he was going to put in a work order for a line upgrade for the neighbourhood. I don't know if he actually did it or if it was just lip service as I haven't seen any Shaw trucks in our area since.

Anyways, things haven't been as bad over the last few weeks. 

0 Kudos