No 5.1 surround on recorded shows

DarinEM
Grasshopper

I'm using the wireless bluecurve. No problem with live shows, just recorded ones. It's really annoying when I stop watching the recorded show and the live show is suddenly super loud.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

The topic of "no surround sound on recorded programs" has...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

The topic of "no surround sound on recorded programs" has already been discussed on this forum. Use the "search" function to find that discussion thread.

I have the Gateway PVR, not the BlueCurve. When watching live TV (HDMI port #2 on my TV) via the Gateway, I must "double" the volume on my TV set, in comparison to watching live TV (HDMI port #1 on my TV) on my TV via my "antique" Motorola PVR.  I have not noticed any difference in sound-levels on the Gateway between "live" and "recorded" programs.

I don't know if this helps you.

0 Kudos

This seems to be a known but but not acknowledged issue w...

rstra
Grand Master

This seems to be a known but but not acknowledged issue with the BlueCurve TV and cloud recordings, Comcast customers are also affected and there is no work around, not sure if on demand programming has this problem as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos

I'm aware of the other thread.  It shows as "solved", so...

DarinEM
Grasshopper

I'm aware of the other thread.  It shows as "solved", so I'm starting  a new one.  It's clearly not solved.

It sounds like your setup is completely different than mine.  If I'm reading correctly you are just listening through your TV speakers.  Thanks anyhow, but it doesn't help.

I'm referring to not getting a 5.1 signal from recorded shows only.  Every other source works correctly. It's not something on my end.  I'd like someone from Shaw to address this.

0 Kudos

On demand is fine.  Only recorded shows have no 5.1.  Can...

DarinEM
Grasshopper

On demand is fine.  Only recorded shows have no 5.1.  Can someone from Shaw please acknowledge this issue? 

0 Kudos

I do not speak for Shaw, but I found 26 threads on this b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master
0 Kudos

Not really.  I know how to search.  Thanks though.

DarinEM
Grasshopper

Not really.  I know how to search.  Thanks though.

0 Kudos

There are lots of posts, but no fix.

rstra
Grand Master

There are lots of posts, but no fix.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help