NO JVC codes work with Shaw remote

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Got a new JVC android TV. None of the codes listed work for the Shaw Champion remote work nor does its search mechanism find the right code.

Any ideas out there?

Labels (1)
37 Replies

-- new JVC TV Exactly what model-number? Maybe, the manuf...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ppaatt -- new JVC TV

Exactly what model-number? Maybe, the manufacturer's web-site has some specific information.

Which Shaw TV box?

On my remote-control (compatible with my antique Motorola PVR), it took over FIFTY presses of "channel-up" to the remote to send the correct information to my TV, to turn it off.  How many presses did you try, before you declared "does not work" ?

0 Kudos

Probably about 48. Will try again later with even more pa...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Probably about 48. Will try again later with even more patience. I've double-checked and Googled often about for ideas and troubleshooting. Gone to remote manufacturer's site for more codes. Doing everything right as far as I can tell. JVC website is pretty bad, so it's not helpful. Thanks for response and ideas.

0 Kudos

No. After further attempts, remote simply will not recogn...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

No. After further attempts, remote simply will not recognize TV.

0 Kudos

@shawhelp says it appears remote and TV aren't compatible...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

@shawhelp says it appears remote and TV aren't compatible though I could try Sony codes, those often work with other brands.

0 Kudos

Did you try all the codes on URC Support? https://www.urc...

rstra
Grand Master

Did you try all the codes on URC Support?

https://www.urcsupport.com/shaw/

0 Kudos

Been to that site many times. I feel like I've tried all...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Been to that site many times. I feel like I've tried all the codes listed and suggested on various sites, including that one, plus done considerable code searches. It's hopeless. All is lost. Nothing can be done. I need to give up for my own sanity.

0 Kudos

Aha. It's not really a JVC television. No wonder JVC code...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Aha. It's not really a JVC television. No wonder JVC codes don't work. Someone else makes it and warranties it and pays JVC to put the JVC name on it, but JVC is not otherwise involved in any way with this television.

0 Kudos

Another update: Shuffled some HDMI connections. In a diff...

Ppaatt
Grasshopper

Another update: Shuffled some HDMI connections. In a different port, the Shaw remote will now turn on the TV, although the TV doesn't respond to other commands (volume, off).

0 Kudos

-- the Shaw remote will now turn on the TV, although the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ppaatt -- the Shaw remote will now turn on the TV, although the TV doesn't respond to other commands (volume, off).

It is really strange that it will do "on", but not "off". The Shaw Remote is sending the same code.

Are you pointing the Shaw remote DIRECTLY at the TV for the "input/source" and "on/off" and "volume up/down" functions, as opposed to pointing it at the Shaw PVR, when doing "channel up/down" and "Guide" and "Menu" functions?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help