Jump to solution

No video on external monitor when using iPad

Jneron
Grasshopper

When I use the Shaw TV app or the bluecurve web page to watch TV on my iPad connected to an external TV, the video does not display on my external TV, just on the iPad. The audio does come out of the external TV, but not the video.

I'm pretty sure this used to work. Using the same hardware (iPad, connector, HDMI cable, TV), I can watch Netflix and it works as expected, ie, audio & video both on the external monitor. I can also use a Windows PC and the bluecurve web page with the same HDMI cable and TV, and that also works as expected. 

It's only when I use the iPad that video won't go to the external monitor. I tried it on a different connector, HDMI cable and TV, and it had exactly the same problem: video on the iPad, audio on the TV.

Has anyone encountered this? Is it an Apple problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jean

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

All video output (HDMI, airplay, DLNA etc.) is blocked fo...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jneron 

All video output (HDMI, airplay, DLNA etc.) is blocked for iOS and Android with the exception of Chromecast.

You would need Chromecast to watch from your device. Another option would be to use the BlueCurve app on the FireTV stick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

All video output (HDMI, airplay, DLNA etc.) is blocked fo...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jneron 

All video output (HDMI, airplay, DLNA etc.) is blocked for iOS and Android with the exception of Chromecast.

You would need Chromecast to watch from your device. Another option would be to use the BlueCurve app on the FireTV stick.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Well, that would explain it, but why do that? Does Shaw g...

Jneron
Grasshopper

Well, that would explain it, but why do that? Does Shaw get a royalty if I buy a Chromecast? And why don’t they do that for Windows? Why pick on IOS/Android?

Grrr….

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Before Chromecast and FireTV, I would have through it had...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jneron 

Before Chromecast and FireTV, I would have through it had something to do with digital rights management, not sure now  

Get yourself a FireTV stick, you will be happy. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help