Pausing Multiple Channels

Not applicable

A number of members of this forum have asked this question in the past, including myself, but I've seen no response from Shaw at all on it.  The question is why is it no longer possible to pause a program on one channel, go to another and watch it for awhile and then return to the paused channel where it was paused?  This should be a very straightforward feature even if you only limited it to 2 channels in total.  I'm certain this is a commonly used feature to avoid watching endless commercials (heaven knows we pay enough for basic cable services we don't have to endure commercials as well) while maintaining an interest in two programs that are of interest.

Please respond indicating when this feature will be available in BlueSKY.  Thank-you.

BlueSky TV ForumBlueSky TV

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Re: Pausing Multiple Channels

shaw-tamara

Hi gbarkman 

Currently this feature is not possible with BlueSky TV equipment and we do not have any ETA as to when it might be available. The box does not allow you to swap between tuners, so it might be best to record the shows and that way you can fast forward through commercials.

0 Kudos

thunderspit
Grasshopper

Without this feature Blue sky becomes entirely undesirable. the ability to buffer on two or three channels was very useful on the Gateway. If this is unavailable you are not a viable provider, I am returning to my Gateway which is in almost every way a superior product and I find it hard to understand why your company would choose to go backwards in technology. Blue sky is slow balky and kicks me out of programs on a consistent basis. I will watch Netflix on my appletv, not as convenient but it may replace my cable entirely in the future. What were they thinking, streaming is going to.be tough to compete with if your technology keeps going backwards. Are there any plans on coming out with an improved Gateway system or is Shaw commited to the inferior Blue sky system. 

Your people are coming Monday to take Blue sky back and restore.the old system.

rstra
Grand Master
I believe that Shaw wisely decided to license the BlueSky product from Comcast and get out of the cable box business. I was a Gateway customer for a few years before switching to BlueSky, the channel buffering was not something that I used. I really appreciate the powerful search feature available with BlueSky and its ability to search across live TV, Netflix, PVR, Crave, On Demand and, hopefully Amazon Prime soon. By looking at what Comcast is doing with the X1, I also think that there is a lot of cool new features in store for BlueSky.

0 Kudos

Hi Tamara, Your answer does not solve nor address the inf...

c_4
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara,

Your answer does not solve nor address the inferiority of the new "BLUE-SKY/CURVE" so as other people stated here: I believe I'll have to "upgrade back" to Gateway.

I also just “upgraded” to blue sky and I’m very disappoin...

BrentMaranzan
Grasshopper

I also just “upgraded” to blue sky and I’m very disappointed to find out that this feature isn’t available.  This is a big fail.  I’m going to look into going back to my gateway.  Not very happy right now.  

-- just press "Record" on both channels, and you can flip...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BrentMaranzan -- just press "Record" on both channels, and you can flip-flop between the two channels.

> choose to go backwards in technology.

BlueCurve offers voice-input on its remote.

BlueCurve offers more HD channels than the Gateway PVR offers.

BlueCurve offers "cloud" recording -- no more "losing" your recordings if you need to replace your Gateway PVR.

Looking through the Shaw web-site, the only choices to new customers seem to be "limited TV" or "TotalTV" -- no "Gateway" option any more, except to "grandfathered" account-holders.

0 Kudos

Whomever removed multiple buffers ought to be fired for t...

DoneWithCable
Grasshopper

Whomever removed multiple buffers ought to be fired for that blunder. It's 2022 and I'm forced to use Blue Curve.

Very disappointed!  I've just "upgraded" from Gateway to...

akw999
Grasshopper

Very disappointed!  I've just "upgraded" from Gateway to BlueCurve and the feature I used everyday was to be able to flip between two channels and be able to rewind back where I left off.  In fact, the old Gateway automatically buffered the last 3 channels.  It's 2022 and Bluecurve technology can't automatically buffer at least 2 TV channels like the old Gateway?  Now I have to record everything to achieve the same function???  Should be a simple feature fix for Shaw one would think.  Please Shaw, add that feature soon!!!

-- Please Shaw, add that feature soon!!! As you are readi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@akw999 -- Please Shaw, add that feature soon!!!

As you are reading this, scroll-down and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to submit your request to Shaw.

This discussion forum is not a direct path to Shaw, although a few Shaw employees do "lurk" here.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help